• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ted Bier Lets Us In A Little

Yeah he's a great marksman but no accountant. If the $5000 really was the most important thing, it would probably be easier to use that 2 hours of daily practice to get a part-time job. Shooting is far more fun though. 
As for the equipment, I'm sure he would have bought that anyway. The Impact is a multi-purpose gun.
Agree - I don't think he went to Extreme Benchrest for the cash...well, for just the cash.

"T3PRanch"
"Drumsnguns" I think that his Impact was cherry picked by Frederik Axelsson but that's just a smart business move on Axelsson's part since Ted reaches scores of viewers with his videos.
Yea that would be a brilliant move. Pick your competitors gun for him to beat you with. :p

Thurmond
Not quite sure what you mean there Thurmond. If you are talking about Axelsson, I doubt he could care less. Any FX winner is good for his sales figures.

And what I meant about the "cherry picking", there's nothing insidious implied there. Any manufacturer with any intelligence at all would send a cherry product to a reviewer, and Ted's a reviewer. That's totally acceptable to me. As far as Cliff_Allen's the out of the box comment... I agree but there is a learning curve to shooting this gun. My Cricket outshoots this gun. But I've had more time on the Cricket. Ted's less than stellar groups might be attributable to being new to the gun. Matt Duber in his review said maybe not the best choice for targets owing to ergonomics and or weight but a great hunter. Actually, I thought Teds groups were pretty good in that first video...the bad ones were him trying to find the magic velocity for the King Heavies at 100 yards. Ted even mentions that in the video. Now lately, I've seen him put what 32 shots in one ragged hole at 100 yards with the gun on a "sled" where all he does is pull the trigger, (again nothing implied here). I've put mine on a sled and mine shoots 2-3" groups at 100 yards at best. Maybe more tweeking for me.....So I hope my comment wasn't taken wrong but Ted definitely has a stellar shooting gun. That can help in competition but it really boils down to the shooter and his understanding of wind dynamics and other variables. He did a fair and fine job.