• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Team USA Wins Gold at the World Bench-Rest Championships

Team USA wins 50 meter Unlimited Air Rifle Class at the 2023 World WRABF Championships held in the Czech Republic.
Top podium place goes to Doug and Vipha Miller with Bob Sofsky representing USA.

Team USA won using a Thomas Air 22cal HPX. Doug also finished 3rd place for the Bronze with Bob & Vipha placed 6th & 7th for the team win. Doug also finished 2nd place in 3-gun combining LV, HV & Unlimited.

We are especially happy because Doug, Vipha & Bob's home range is Open Grove. They are all excellent competitors. We are really happy for Bob, a new shooter, his hard work and persistence paid off.

Doug, Vipha & Bob.
aeb5f93d-5fdc-4f89-9b90-983f215e2910 2.jpg

Doug Miller
6a3a5c35-fece-48ac-9365-18a7d82ec106 2.jpg

Bobby looks happy
1690925702604.png

https://thomasrifles.com/

Last edited:
Bob said, "a huge applause erupted' when they called the USA team. The Millers have many friends
It is pleasing to hear that they received recognition for their efforts, and are widely known as consistent and serious competitors.
I have always been impressed with their demeanor as competitors. There is no foofaraw or nonsense in their game, and the cards always speak for themselves.

You all run a tight game out there in the left half of the country, and provide a stellar example of what is achievable through practice and dedication.

Reactions: piffy and Loufish
Bob said, "a huge applause erupted' when they called the USA team. The Millers have many friends
In addition Vipha and Doug are very generous with their knowledge. They* gladly mentored me when I shot BR, along with many others.

*Actually most shooters at Open Grove were/are very generous teachers: The Millers, Joe F, Lou, and of course Mike Niksch. The camaraderie and generosity is remarkable and exemplary for a competitive sport