• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Team Centercut at RMAC

Not good today for me. Maybe about 214 to 215. And that’s a stretch. ;( It wasn’t too windy but I just didn’t read the down drafts correctly. Looks like Gabe V and Dave W both did well. More to follow.

FYI, looks like Keith Gibson is the overall Pro winner with an amazing card 228. Interestingly enough, the Sportsman winner shot 229!!!

I would love to know the standings of the pro and sportsman class based on all 3 cards shot. I think that’s far more meaningful compared to a single card in determining the best shooter…but I understand that’s how these events work. Perhaps someday all the top guys will get together and shoot a proper 6-10 card aggregate 100y tournament with bench rotation and all….just for the sake of finding out who the best shooter really is.

That said, good shooting guys….and until then, may your best cards always come when they are needed most.

Good shooting, again!

Mike 

Thanks Mike. We had 100 shooters in Pro and 60 in Sportsman. Narrowed it down to top 20 Pro and top 18 Sportsman after two day aggregate. But we were only ranked against others that shot in the same two Qual rounds and benches were rotated for the two. Finals benches were drawn from hat. Definitely some were better than others. Could it be better? Yup. But to fit it in a 4 day weekend with four other events would have been impossible. I do agree it’s certainly possible to get lucky after making the finals and win the Tournament. Especially with shooting fast and using the previous shot as your sighter, which is how some shoot. If you can get a lucky five minute period with constant winds you’re Golden. ;)

I understand how they do it and why they are constrained for time….but the 100y contest is the big event. Nothing preventing anyone from making the big event the only event and doing it for the sole purpose of finding the true best shooter in the best way possible. 160 shooters could be run in 2 relays at a big BR range with no problem. 10 relays a day over a 2 day weekend is easily doable. It just seems like 100y BR has enough followers now that it could stand on its own.

Mike 

Mike, great cards for you on day 1 and 2. I’m not on Team Centercut but I want to thank you again for spotting for me at the Magnum Slug match. I was there by myself so I appreciated the assistance. 2nd place and $1000, I’m happy with the results of my first first official long range air gun match.

Thanks Scott. That gun is super impressive and you were a great shot with it. You deserved to finish near the top. Let’s plan on spotting for each other next year. I’m going to get my modified .357 Benjamin Bulldog ready for Magnum Big Bore… We can be the Benjamin Bench! ;)

Can't wait to hear the details!

I’ll give more detail next time we all shoot. I was disappointed in my finals performance, both at 100Y and in Speed. I did shoot the highest score of anyone the entire week, over 350 cards shot by about 150 shooters and 229-8x, my first round card, was the best single card score. And it had two 7s! ;)

Thanks Scott. That gun is super impressive and you were a great shot with it. You deserved to finish near the top. Let’s plan on spotting for each other next year. I’m going to get my modified .357 Benjamin Bulldog ready for Magnum Big Bore… We can be the Benjamin Bench! ;)

Spotting for each other would be great fun at the 2022 match (assuming we are both fortunate enough to attend again). But even better if we both shoot my gun. I think I saw a couple of “teams” sharing a gun in the Magnum Slug match. There would be some advantages as heat 1 would give an opportunity to refine the gun's D.O.P.E., giving the “team” member in heat 2 a leg up on others.

I believe that I missed two shots because of less than optimal D.O.P.E. I spent considerable effort getting usable D.O.P.E. at my sea level gun range and then translating that to the other distances, the 4600ft elevation, the higher temps, and the inclined shots. It worked pretty good but I think I could have done better if I had sighter shots at the actual match targets. Having a team mate shoot the targets first to verify D.O.P.E. would be the next best thing.

Sharing of guns is not really possible in most of the other RMAC Challenges. Personally, I would rather they not allow sharing of guns in the Magnum Slug Challenge either, as I see too much potential advantage for those that do so. It was allowed, so I have no problem with those that had the foresight to take advantage of it. Now knowing that, and if they continue to allow it, we can do that next year. If they decide to disallow it, get your Bulldog ready!