Teaching the next generation of airgunners.....

Awesome video! And we need more videos like this focusing on youth airgunners since they are the future. All of your points are on par as I’ve been teaching my 7 and 9 year old boys how to shoot. For them I started teaching them about firearm safety when they were 3-4 years old. I focused on safety and the different main parts of a firearm and showed them what a round of ammo looks like and what a bullet is and can do. Around 5 years of age I had them shoot an air soft rifle followed by the classic Red Ryder popping soda cans. I really wish there was more options Airgun wise for youth shooters. We have a Crossman 1720T pistol I added a carbine/AR stock to with a 4-12 power scope onto and that’s been a nice accurate combo for now. Of course my oldest loves shooting my Impact but that’s Dad’s ha ha. I’ve been looking into the BSA JSR for a while and will most likely pick one up in the near future especially since my boys have expressed interest in shooting Field Target. Your point on making it interesting is very very veeeeery important, besides safety! My boys do like to shoot paper for a few minutes just to see if they can hit the bullseye but it’s straight to reactive steel for the rest of their shooting session. Spinners, shoot to reset, and knockdown field target style targets, have been the biggest hit. Keep the youth content coming! We need it! 

Great tips! One thing that I have had to work on (perpetually) with my daughter is getting her hands dirty. It's tough when they're going through a superficial phase, but she's been apprehensive about running patches and changing o-rings 😆

I haven't pushed her on that just yet, as I'm still trying to get her engaged in the sport. Soon enough, she'll be shooting at longer distances, where I'll be waiting for her to get frustrated with accuracy problems and seize the moment to teach her 😎