• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Teaching a Skunk to sit and rollover... good boy!

After a close call with the dog, I've been doing some late night guard duty of the yard waiting on a pretty aggresive skunk. The cameras have caught it a few times, but it was 3am'ish stuff. I hate skunks, but not 3am hate. The sessions have resulted in a few big rats (more on that in a new compilation post soon), the skunk has eluded the wrath of the 34gr MK2... until last night.

I tuned the Leshiy down for a super quiet all day plinking and rat/chipmunk gun. The R5M is set at about 28ft/lbs (still low for that beast) for when something larger strolls through.

Here's me winning the battle against this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvP3_Py9e4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Tflats. I never dared with a skunk, with my luck. I would stink for a month then the dog would roll in it, then my wife would make me sleep outside with it. Nope. Good shooting.

got a massive one last night... not an ounce of spray. I actually started second guessing shot placement. It made it a foot. If you see one, which btw they usually travel in packs, just bait them in an area you'd be ok with. My dog got into it with one a couple years ago and ripped it's head off. Literally brought me a skunk head! After that mess, my wife was down with a little stink as a sacrifice. My spot is deep in my neighbors yard... doesn't really impact anyone. You just get a wif if the wind is right.