Tax Season… Time for an FX?

Why do you think you need .30 and slugs ? Air gunners have been killing yotes for years before slugs or .30 air came on the stage .
I would recommend .25 if you have a lot of yotes . Are yotes a daily problem ? .25 and ability to change FPE (external knob)
ALSO think about the noise of the gun . .30 and 90FPE is loud
More just a guess than anything else lol. I mean I just figured .30 would be a safe bet to get the job done but that’s why I’m here asking you guys 😅

Reactions: beerthief
Unless you want to shoot heavy slugs there is no need to upgrade the Impact or Maverick platform. The fact that there is a ton of after market products for the Impact is not an indication of a need but of the flexibility of the gun and its capabilities.
I had a Maverick that I chased heavy slugs going fast with. All it took was a different weight hammer and a slug liner. My current Maverick is bone stock as is my M3 that I shoot lighter (sub 28 gr.) slugs with.
If I was going 30 cal I would look long and hard at the Panthera. You say you want it for coyotes and such so shot count is not a large issue in that application. It appears to generate a lot of power and for medium game I want FPE and accuracy which it seems to deliver.
Good to know!
Yeah I’m not so worried about shot count. Like I said in another comment I don’t go through a ton of rounds in a session. I’ll keep looking at the panthera!

I have 2 yote setups, for daytime, I prefer my M3 30cal Sniper shooting Hybirds at 925fps its pretty consistent moa out to 175 yards.
For night I run a Mk2 PP Compact in 30cal shooting Hades pellets at 890fps. Topped with a LPVO and thermal clip-on I keep my shots inside 100yds.
I'm on the edge of suburbia, opportunities don't arise too often during the day and I have taken 2 over the last couple years. But at night I've got 4 in the last 6 months. 😉

Reactions: Tebonr
I have 2 yote setups, for daytime, I prefer my M3 30cal Sniper shooting Hybirds at 925fps its pretty consistent moa out to 175 yards.
For night I run a Mk2 PP Compact in 30cal shooting Hades pellets at 890fps. Topped with a LPVO and thermal clip-on I keep my shots inside 100yds.
I'm on the edge of suburbia, opportunities don't arise too often during the day and I have taken 2 over the last couple years. But at night I've got 4 in the last 6 months. 😉
What part of California are you in, if you don’t mind me asking?

Used to be hardly ever, but recently they're more common. I've got access to 60 acres near the city, between the ground squirrels, Jacks, beavers, quail and yotes there is plenty to shoot.
Yeah, the ground squirrels here are insane. It’s like playing that old hunting arcade game lol they just run back and forth in front of you. We get plenty rabbits too.

Reactions: Cloudrider
Some peeps suggest the Impact is not reliable, I have a Mk2, (2) Mk2 PPs and a M3. All have been updated and modified by myself, all have been 100% reliable. I shoot 1-3 times a week, btw the 4 Impacts, my shot count is over 60k. Other than a few breech orings, and a couple regulator cleanings, my FX guns have been perfect.
love my Impacts but have had 4 and 2 had multiple issues.... I had two crickets (8yrs) and knock on wood have yet to even change an o-ring,

Last edited:
Reactions: Tebonr