• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
"mabpi"Basic economics would tell you that their increases in the form of tariffs will be passed on to the consumer. Yeah that can of soup will cost 1 cent more sure, so what do you think imported Airguns will cost, just 2 cents more right???
There is a lot more steel in an air rifle than in a soup can, Wilbur.

"hawkeye69"
"mabpi"Basic economics would tell you that their increases in the form of tariffs will be passed on to the consumer. Yeah that can of soup will cost 1 cent more sure, so what do you think imported Airguns will cost, just 2 cents more right???
There is a lot more steel in an air rifle than in a soup can, Wilbur.
not as much steel as you think lol. 80% aluminium. Well that's my guess.
Just messin. I assume you mean more metal.
Price for aluminium and steel is goin to raise and that sucks.
But if the fx people resource metal from Sweden then would even have to paymore? We aren't just buying a chunk of metal and machining it yourself.
I'm probably wrong as I know nothing how the overseas stuff works

Cost of foreign-made products won't necessarily be affected, only American-made products will suffer (because the price of raw materials will increase here in the states. Which is why Electrolux wants to hold off or cancel building a new washing machine plant, if tariffs are imposed, the material costs here in the states will go up, and they won't be able to compete with other factories that build offshore with cheaper materials and then import finished goods to the states. Unless we impose tariffs on the finished goods as well, but you can watch our exports go to zero pretty quickly with that scheme.

When people educate themselves on the facts. Only then can they see the truth. It's time to stop listening to mainstream media and get the real facts for themselves. Electrolux will build their plant in the US. Steel prices will go up. Yes. But not significantly. China is dumping steel in the US below what it costs us to make. This tarrif means more jobs for US workers and a better product for everyone.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
"whitetales"When people educate themselves on the facts. Only then can they see the truth. It's time to stop listening to mainstream media and get the real facts for themselves. Electrolux will build their plant in the US. Steel prices will go up. Yes. But not significantly. China is dumping steel in the US below what it costs us to make. This tarrif means more jobs for US workers and a better product for everyone.
Can you provide sources? Do you have some peer reviewed resources to provide insight? My findings state that while most economist agree that our grievances regarding trade imbalances are legitimate, our single-handed approach would be better served as a multi-national effort. You can find economist for further analysis in this article, for starters:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/business/economy/trump-economists.html