• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results TARHEELS at Twin Cities, Oct 1, 2023

There will be an FT match at Twin Cities Rifle Club Saturday, September 23, 2023.

9 am sight in, Match Fee $15

734 Jack Swamp Rd., Pleasant Hill, NC 27866

Directions :

Google Maps directions to the club address don't work.

Use the coordinates in the link for the Club Access Entrance (click on the red teardrop) or put 754 Jack Swamp Rd. in your phone (That's the house right next to the club driveway)

Tar Heel Airgun Club @ Twin Cities Rifle Club

Tar Heel Airgun Club | Field Target Match | October 2023
Four shooters showed up for the Sept. 23 match, which got rained out and moved to Oct 1. The weather was beautiful. Temps in the 70's with light and very variable wind.

Winds were from 1-3 mph moving quickly and unpredictably from 10:30-1:30 with the random full value wind appearing. It was rare that one could use the same hold off for a follow up shot.

The woods course is a 35.93T course designed in the European WFTF style with three KZ sizes. We shot a 15 lane, 60 shot AAFTA style course.

We had a first time shooter to Field Target. He's a friend of Roel, so Ro introduced the shooting procedures to him. He was shooting a borrowed LGV. It sounds like he's going to set up his Condor for follow up matches. He's the guy seated in the pic below.

I remember my first FT match in Oct. 2009. I used an R-9 with a 6-18 Bushnell Trophy. I shot 8/40. That compares to a 12/60. I'm certain that the course I shot in Heflin was NOT a 36T course like George shot. Mt hat is off to his 16/60.

It was a relaxed session with a focus on training. For example, Paul is switching to WFTF Piston and I'm breaking in some new shooting proceedures. We used the timers as a reference only and didn't strike points shot outside the beeper, which happened to me three times. Scores were as follows:

Keith K WFTF PCP. Thos. Carbine/Kahles 10-10/JSB 8.4. 49/60

PaulP. WFTF Pist. TX 200/Sightron10-50/AA 8.4. 29/60

RoelJ. Hunter Piston (11 fpe). TX-PRO MK II/UTG 4-16/QYS 8.48. 32/60

GeorgeG hunter Piston (11 fpe). Walther LGV/Athlon 4-14/JSB 8.4 16/60

I was hoping to shoot a Euro style WFTF course composed of 10 lanes of the woods course and the 15 lanes of the gas line. It would have been a 25 lane 50 shot match. Unfortunately "Z" was unable to mow the gas line on Saturday. However, we could hear him running the mower while we shot and he got it cut during the match (pic below). For those intersted in beginning to prepare for the 2024 World Field Target Competion in Phoenix you may use our future matches for training.