• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Targets for FT

I’m getting three targets to set up a lane in my backyard for sighting in and developing data. For each of the three targets, “basic KZ size is 1 1/2 inch and reducers are available in 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, and 1 inch.” But I have to pick two reducers for each target. Any suggestions as to which reducers to get? With three targets, I can get 6 total reducers, so I guess one way to go is to get one of each size, except I can get 2 of 1 of the sizes. Which size would I most likely want to get two of?

For getting trajectory data I use paper. It's fun to see the targets fall but you will get further, quicker with paper. I only have a few cheaper targets like the Crosman Zombie and Remington Rabbit for a little home practice. I use the 3/8ths, 3/4 and 1-1/4 inch reducers at the maximum distances according to the Troyer chart with exception to the 1-1/4 reducer. I put that one out at 55 yards for a little practice to see if I have the shakes. You will like the Rhino targets alot though.

Ray

Can't go wrong with air venturi's crazy eighths reset target its only $20 dollars so you can buy a few and set them up at different distances they reset by themselves when you shoot the top one and they are the perfect size for the round reactive target stickers i also just started a tread called (best diy targets) you should check it out. 
1559805768_21063273035cf8bf484bb477.93129544_air-venturi-crazy-eights-reset-airgun-target-5.jpeg
1559805768_10604152725cf8bf48ac7f41.21007884_air-venturi-crazy-eights-reset-airgun-target-2.jpeg

I have to hat rat in the run target, plus 3 rhinos I managed to pick up before he got too busy. I got a yard sign recently I plan to fine tune my sight in at 28 yards, which is the range at which chairgun says I should sight in to avoid hold under. Mostly, I need to label my focus wheel at this point. But the weather needs to cool down before I get back out there.

To set up and sight in my scope I use paper. I'm shooting at 16x on my scope so up to 40 yds I simply make a hole with a shot and use that as my aim point. Beyond 40 yds it gets harder to see a pellet hole so I use small shoot-n-see adhesive targets.

For offhand practice I use both a simple reseting target like this one, and multiple ABC targets of different sizes at different distances. I also have a couple of squirrel reset targets on my sight in range. 

But when it comes to actual Field Target I have a short course set up with multiple Rat on the Run targets. Of the mass produced reset targets, Rat on the Run is the best. I made a video review of all the mass produced targets available that you can check out below. 

Better made targets are available from Rhino and Paul's Custom Targets. They are more expensive, but made to last.

https://youtu.be/5gcB0Wn30C0