Benjamin Target Work w/the Bulldog M357 in Preparation for Coyote Management

I’ll be “hunting” (more like shooting) some coyotes over bait in the near future. My known range at the moment is 50 yards. I’ll likely be seated shooting off of my Trigger Sticks bipod. Today I forgot my bucket so I shot standing behind the bipod.
IMG_3982.jpeg

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

I haven’t been shooting much so the practice is needed. There’s really only one group that I’m content with and it’s not the group on the top right. That’s three shots. I adjusted the elevation too far and the first two shots flew over the target before I made the necessary correction. The holes in the top center and the center are from the clamp the holds the target. I shot it a while back and now it rips the targets. The first target (top left) was me trying to figure out my holds. I also left my notebook with my DOPE.
IMG_3988.jpeg

None of these shots are flyers.

Have you been trying different ammo to get smaller group sizing? The Pro Slugs .357 156 grain Stalker HP/RBT shoot sweet MOA groups out to long ranges. Available on the Pro Slugs website and also on eBay. They produce the tightest groups of any current swaged slug on the market (for me and probably you too) because of their rebated boat tail design. I'll bet they will shoot super tight in that Bulldog, and should load into that magazine too.

@Airgun-hobbyist I have tried different ammo. The ammo used here is suitable. The groups look like that because of me. When I steady myself, take my time, and hold the gun firmly it shoots good enough for my purposes. I just need to pop some lungs. An inch or two won't make too much of a difference on an animal that size. I'm not aiming at eyeballs and don't care if I recover the animals or not. I just need them to die after being shot. Then the buzzards and other scavengers can have them. I'll probably get one shot off per stand. This gun is loud enough to ring my ears and I want it to sound that way out there.