• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Target Tune India for HW97

... to save a few bucks. I mean, what's the worst that could happen; injury, maiming, death?

Have you ever looked inside an HW97? The outer tube is a few mm thick steel and the massive end cap is deeply threaded into it. The worst thing that could happen is that piston carrier gives up the ghost and you'd end up with a poor shooter or a gun that no longer cocks. The HW97/77 is probably the most overbuilt springer there is and the spring in it is not exactly strong. But even in the strongest and cheapest of magnum springers this will not happen, you just end up with a gun that will no longer hook in. At the most you get to buy a new spring and re-install the original parts. 'injury, maiming, death?' You sir, have a lot of fantasy

'.. to save a few bucks. ' are you even aware that these V-mach kits cost more than a new HW77/97 (depending on the version you get)?

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/product_info.php/cPath/40_1678_942_944_950_2042/products_id/23626

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/index.php/cPath/40_1622/page/1/sort/4d

The guy from the video had a faulty one. But this is 4 years ago. Have they been improved?

I would love to hear from anyone, that has actually used one of the target Tune India kits.

Be like buying a Mercedes and putting a Russian tractor motor in it. India is not normally associated with quality anything to be perfectly honest. 

I'm a big fan and have done a lot of work to the 77/97 platform and can tell you that you won't gain anything from that. It will actually probably make more movement in the shot cycle due to the heavier piston from the added band at the back. 

I have a real Venom HW77K from the 80s, and a couple other standard 77Ks with the 25mm tubes. There is nothing to be gained from the piston with a bearing on the rear. Especially if it's not fitted perfectly to YOUR receiver. It does no good if it isn't, and very little to none if it was. 

Hmm, lots of hyperbolic statements here, also sarcasm. But alas, I love me some sarcasm. My opinion on hw is that a little deburring is a good idea and some lubrication. I say throw in a new kit once the stock one wears out, but honestly my HW95 stock spring works well for me after deburring and lubrication. 

They sell some parts that no one else does I’ve been interested in. I was under the impression that they’re closed but the website hasn’t been shut down yet. There isn’t a guy named India that’s responsible for everything the country makes so I really don’t know what the quality would be. But I do agree with the statement about needing to be fitted to YOUR receiver. I’ve been skeptical about buying a new piston for that reason but no one else sells the one I want. I suspect contacting them directly would help lol. Haven’t been motivated enough to contact them myself though. If you find anything out let me know, maybe I’ll jump on board. 

Yes BT, I'm very familiar with the HW97... inside and out. You simply missed my point- that it's blasphemy to risk destroying an expensive German spring-piston rifle with cheap-ass parts.

Better now? 

Much better now, thank you ;).

My Hw97 currently has among other things a Rowan engineering trigger & cocking grip, Venom guide, top hat & spring, stock screws with bushings and different lube.

So it is not original.

Compared to my LGV the shot cycle of the HW97 is rougher, but in every other aspect the gun is better.

I do not subscribe to the notion that 'Made in Germany' is automatically better than made in China or India. But it seems that no one here has experience with Target tune... So, that is not a good sign either.

The price of the Venom is higher than some custom options, so I might just look into that.