• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Target Options

Might see if tire valve stem caps can be hot glued or duct taped to the tips that you can get a lot for FREE daily from all your local tire shops that throw them away or...

https://youtu.be/LIaOL3CIqvc

If it stills goes through then run a framed target paper sheet at your normal distance but placed a little higher and put the backstop further behind for less penetration estimating trajectory drop. You see the holes in paper for groups.

You could also put semi truck mudflaps or rubber floor mats or layers of old carpet secured to the rear of the backstop.

In the archery world, bag targets work the best for stopping arrows and crossbow bolts but they have to contain the "right" filler material. The bag targets do not "hold" the arrows like foam targets either (if filled with the right material). You will get good opinions on the best bag targets on these two sites: archerytalk.com or crossbowtalk.com Also, I have found that the style of field target tip matters for slowing down penetration and filler material holding the arrow.

That's what I was considering. If I could use some used tires, cut to fit and screwed on to some plywood placed behind the target .. May require some improvised engineering..lol Where I can shoot it , regularly anyway , I have 30 yards . The power of these is incredible . I have a raptor crossbow and it isn't even close to the speed and fpe of this harpoon. Not sure that much power is even necessary, but for a kill shot , more is usually better . 

My YJ450 bag stops my 375fps crossbow bolts about 6" in. That is with the pointy field points. I haven't shot any airbolts (.45 tuned 909s) at it yet, but I would expect them to get stopped before the fletchings. The airbolts I have have the dulled points too.

You can also slip a 9mm brass over the point and have a very blunt arrow. You might lose the brass in the bag though.