Target Golf

Here is a low score game that I have been messing around with. It has an odd complex scoring system that is designed more to "punish" bad shots vs rewarding good shots.
20221002_101132.jpg

Shoot each target as many times as it takes to hit the center black before advancing to the next target.
You may advance on a "2" or if you wish to make it more challenging then only advance on a "1". Shots are scored from impact center point regardless of caliber.
Once all targets are completed cross off the single worst shot (1 mulligans). Then add up the highest scoring numbers (worst shot) from each target to get the "stroke" score. Using the chart determine your par for distance and calculate your over/under score.

So anyway, it's just something that I've been having fun with, so I thought I'd share. The link will be below so anyone can play or challenge your friends. Feel free to post scores here if you want, however I won't be keeping track of this like I am in the 50yd challenge so there won't be any boards.

Golf

View attachment golf.pdf

This is a great concept. One that I thought of about the same time...about six months earlier in this post. For my concept, I was simply scoring one shot per bull, and you get penalized for each shot outside the "10" ring...or "0" ring. If you wanted to go there, this method could be very precise.

I'd like to try this challenge and see how I'll do! Sounds like fun...but we have rain in the forecast for the next week or so... I'll punch paper when possible 🤞

I attempted two of the Target Golf targets today at 40 yards. I haven't tallied my score for either of them up yet, but here is the footage of the session:

I will update this post after I calculate the scores, but if anyone feels like doing it from the video before I do, feel free. The video doesn't lie...for better or for worse.

SkeeterHawk!

Update:
Here is the first target from @Fixedflinger:
20230914_124725.jpg

I wrote the number of strokes (shots) per bull, and then the resulting score circled below it. I did it in 36 strokes, which was 9 below par at the 40 yards I was shooting in.

Here is the second target from @Larryt
20230914_124732.jpg

On this one, I just scored the resulting points, which totaled up to 40 points, which is "about par for the course" according to the scoring system. This said, I got a couple of holes in one (Numbers 6 & 1) which will only score you three points. If you empty a magazine on that hole (say 10 shots) you can exploit the scoring system and score, you could score 12 points on the same hole by tagging the green over and over. I must be missing something regarding the "par" score or something 🤔. Anyway, this is my card for this one...

Last edited:
Me and my mate invented a target gold game that helped us practice hunting.

with one of those air golf balls, player1 “Tee’s off” by throwing the ball in any direction (obviously it doesn’t make a difference if there is no wind to contend with) let’s say the ball lands 5 yards away, he the aims and shoots, if he hits the ball, it jumps and rolls further away. Player two then tries to hit the ball, it jumps and moves again. Taking turns players continue to shoot until someone misses. At this point the other player has an option, choose not to shoot and win the hole, or shoot again, a hit goes 1 under par , take another shot and go 2 under par but a miss at any attempt the hole reverts back to a draw..
At the end of the game the person who has the most shots under par wins.

It’s a great game for learning hold over, hold under and allowing for wind drift.

Bb