Target Forge Filter Recommendations

I run joe's Carette water separating filter on my Hill ec3000.
It also contains molecular sieve and filter it insure the air is clean and dry.
Also in uses a pressure maintaining valve.. this make sure the air passing through the filter is at a minimum pressure..
This insures the molecular sieve is working at it's best!! It is almost as good as the purifier on my W31
Separator41.jpg

Last edited:
I run joes water separating filter on my Hill ec3000. It also contains molecular sieve and filter it insure the air is clean and dry.
Also in uses a pressure maintaining valve.. this make sure the air passing through the filter is at a minimum pressure..
This insures the molecular sieve is working at it's best!! It is almost as good as the purifier on my W31
Separator41.jpg
How do you connect the hoses onto the Carette? It was unclear from the video. Is there a top exit to the gun or tank?

How do you connect the hoses onto the Carette? It was unclear from the video. Is there a top exit to the gun or tank?
Hi Pat,
I just used some Foster QC fittings. Since the Microbore hose came with Female Foster couplers....
Also the stock moisture separator on the Hill EC3000 is a foster nipple where the fill hose originally connected..
Separator31.jpg

Separator51.jpg

hth,
Stuart

I ask about changing the sieve and disassembly instructions. Got this from him a couple days ago...

Molecular Sieve should be changed every 15 hours of use in the hotter, more humid months, and every 25 hours of use in colder, drier months. If you are only averaging 15-25 hours of use yearly, you can change it about every 20 hours of use.

To change the desiccant:

1) Locate the break in the black body about 2 inches from the top of the unit. Twist top counterclockwise from the bottom and remove the aluminum inner core.

2) Locate the felt pad and C-clip on the bottom of the inner core. Remove the clip and felt pad to release the desiccant.

3) Pack new desiccant in snug, but do not apply pressure. Reinstall the felt pad and c-clip. Desiccant should not rattle inside inner core.

4) Re-insert inner core into black outer body and hand-tighten

Reactions: SDstephan
I ask about changing the sieve and disassembly instructions. Got this from him a couple days ago...

Molecular Sieve should be changed every 15 hours of use in the hotter, more humid months, and every 25 hours of use in colder, drier months. If you are only averaging 15-25 hours of use yearly, you can change it about every 20 hours of use.

To change the desiccant:

1) Locate the break in the black body about 2 inches from the top of the unit. Twist top counterclockwise from the bottom and remove the aluminum inner core.

2) Locate the felt pad and C-clip on the bottom of the inner core. Remove the clip and felt pad to release the desiccant.

3) Pack new desiccant in snug, but do not apply pressure. Reinstall the felt pad and c-clip. Desiccant should not rattle inside inner core.

4) Re-insert inner core into black outer body and hand-tighten
I got something similar to that after I asked about operating it and connections. Mine came to me with the top nut and bolt “loose” so I asked, via emails)about what that meant or what did I need to make adjustments( since I didn’t have instructions). I was told to “open” the top nut and adjust to between 1700 and 2100 psi. It worked the opposite way as instructed.
I finally got on this thread and got some help but now I am a bit concerned about the rating of the small Carette filter as it has been said that HPA isn’t anything to mess with.
Since I got no paperwork and see nothing on the unit that advises about max pressure ratings. Crickets!
All could be solved with an accompanying file or YouTube video. It’s pretty much a minimum you’d expect from a seller. No?
Sorry for the rant!