Target cams ?

My son is into drones. I am amazed of the wireless signal streaming live feed out at 1.5-2 Km radius shine or rain. I just got a surprise gift last week, he gave me one of he's smallest JDi Mini (that size doesn't need a license) and practising these days in a living room :) :) .....and the cat likes it as well ;)

That camera would be nice, decent range and not sure what the battery life would look like without the drone weight.

Otherwise kind of like the longshotcameras.com , I have two spare spotting scopes no use for years I stopped competing in archery FITA.

I don't really know what a JDI flying bundle is but for something like the setup I linked where the receiver is outputting composite/RCA video I'm guessing you'd first need another dongle in the linkage to convert composite/RCA to HDMI plus a way to connect HDMI to your droid and an app to read the stream.

Maybe something like this, maybe something else.

https://www.amazon.com/Composite-S-Video-Converter-Upscaler-Adapter/dp/B07FVK8HWV

ETA:

I googled DJI flying bundle and it looks like it already has a cable to connect to a cell phone so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be possible to connect it to some other droid device.

815FF961-C32B-48CA-A241-4B7E2A5DE121.1646174351.png
9F9C0B3C-F1C1-400F-9E16-5D332CD84881.1646174352.png
9D8722BA-53B7-41E5-B4F5-3062B9DBCE4A.1646174352.jpeg
I wanted to post a couple pictures showing the difference between my drone camera and camcorder. Both pictures are taken looking at the 7” screen of my monitor. This is a back up camera like the one in the kit posted above for $60.00. The top left is the camcorder placed about 20 feet from the target and zoomed in. The picture on the right is from my drone about two feet in front of target. Without a zoom feature on the drone it needs to be placed way too close to the target and could be damaged from a bad shot. Some drone cameras may be better than others but I don’t think there are too many with adjustable zoom. I will set my camcorder about 30 feet from target and zoom in. The bottom picture shows the back of the monitor with AV /HDMI/ VGA and RCA inputs.

815FF961-C32B-48CA-A241-4B7E2A5DE121.1646174351.png
... the camcorder placed about 20 feet from the target and zoomed in. ....The bottom picture shows the back of the monitor with AV /HDMI/ VGA and RCA inputs.

The first picture quality is not bad. I think I will order the same kit from aliexpress asap, I don't want to loose the Chinese shipping as well.

I am building my own "one-piece-rest", as I can see from the back of the monitor screen I will need to design a bracket for it to mount...not a big deal.

Thanks for the target pics, way more convincing this way. And my Tab A can work alone with the FX and StrelokPro.

I googled DJI flying bundle and it looks like it already has a cable to connect to a cell phone so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be possible to connect it to some other droid device.

Just FYI, we talking.

I just learned this week I had no idea about this earlier. The drones software needs a built in magnetometer=compass in the cellphone or tablet whichever you plan to use.

I wanted to buy for some time some wind direction meter and ordered the WeatherFlow weather meter, the blue unit , because the brown unit was not available at that time and no ETA. When I received the blue I could not pair it to my Samsung Tablet A (where is actually the StrelokPro + FX radar loaded) but I could pair it to my Samsung S20 cellphone. I sent a WTF complain and suddenly they notified me yesterday the other brown unit became ready for shipping. So, the difference is that the brown unit has a magnetometer=compass built in.

Anyway

Tactacam is a very limited use only it is dedicated to mount on scope and that is it. For that prize I am buying gopro and I can use it for ~ pretty much just for anything I am doing these days.

$100 for a wifi cam from aliexpress seem reasonable to me, projected time 30-40 days I can do that.

@bigHUN Tactacam cameras can be mounted various ways including as a target camera. They sell different types of mounts and you can rig up some of your own if you are resourceful and don’t want to buy theirs. They’re pretty much cylindrical shaped action cams and serve a similar purpose as a GoPro but they’re marketed to sportsmen (hunters, marksmen, archers, fishermen, etc.). An example of their versatility would be to take multiple Tactacams, mount one on your scope with the FTS (film through scope) mount and mount other cameras around your feeder or FOV for your anticipated target area. Then they sell a remote that can be used to activate all cameras you set up simultaneously so that you can capture different angles of the hunt to obtain varied perspectives as well as options for editing. I’m sure there are more use cases. They sell different cameras for different applications from what I’ve read. I only one one type. It does have its limitations, but so does a GoPro camera in my experience. 

Take a look at the various mounts they offer https://www.tactacam.com/product-category/mounts/

...serve a similar purpose as a GoPro...

Ezana, I don't disagree with you, but my perspective is that tactacam for is meant for shooting sports and action cams for action sports, these two not mixing.

I would buy a tactacam but no image stabilization, the longshot cam is stationary only, the latest gopro doesn't have a lens for scopes. About the same $4-500 /ea...

...serve a similar purpose as a GoPro...

Ezana, I don't disagree with you, but my perspective is that tactacam for is meant for shooting sports and action cams for action sports, these two not mixing.

I would buy a tactacam but no image stabilization, the longshot cam is stationary only, the latest gopro doesn't have a lens for scopes. About the same $4-500 /ea...

I see. You may be correct. I’m not so savvy with keeping up with and taking advantage of all of the technological features of these products. I get them and try to do the best I can with what I can figure out. It’s a surprise that I haven’t seen side-shot styled cases for the newer go-pro models for scope cams. If you are able to rig up a cheap target cam system keep us posted. The sets put together and sold for that purpose aren’t cheap. 

83D857F3-826B-4C36-A77F-BA5A7CBA5B6D.1648382188.jpeg
E97BA985-7C40-47FD-AEFF-3D07B87DB0A0.1648382213.png
Did you go through the link on first page https://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/building-your-own-target-cam.3958227/

you can find a camcorder cheap on ebay. Then either splice the yellow RCA connector or solder on a female RCA connector to transmitter. Here is what the cable looks like for a Sony camcorder. Buy the kit from China which includes everything and replace the camera with camcorder. 

4EC8F695-9C99-40FB-AED7-492CF051FA6D.1648382023.jpeg