Target camera

I was going to try linking 2 phones one as the slave camera phone at the target rack and one master to do the looking/ recording .. theres like a app or 2 to do remote phones. Just keep procrastinating that . Made it as far as getting the app ..lol
I thought about a 2 camera set up too. I really want the zoom for the ability to film from my shooting table though. I've heard through the grapevine that someone thinks some of my 100 groups aren't real and I'd like to be able to prove they are.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Outside a scope cam a lens on somthing else to go 100y clear going to cost.. when i did just old 35mm film camera a lens to do somthing could make you pucker up .. 500+mm lens lol..$1000 +depending.. and youll find you should of went with the + overall..

Now another thing maybe works is a stand alone scope cam mounted on a tri pod off to the side .. but still youd want id figure a 16x or+ good glass scope . Your in the money again just maybe not as bad... honestly not much in cost effective things to go with .. then i do have these old not being used phones doing nothing but collecting dust to throw out there..lol.

I just put it off as bla. If you dont believe or trust my honesty so be it . Who are you to me in the end anyway.. i post honest shots of you dont believe them oh well .. you know...

Though a easy affordable way to show your proof better would be the berries..

I can tell you that unless you have a really good spotting scope, don't bother with the Longshot Hawk. My spotter is too cheap to really give a good image, and junk in = junk out. The image looks great without a scope in the way, but then you can't see a target. Still working on fixing this issue.
Wonder how somthing like this would do on a spotting scope

https://www.amazon.com/SVBONY-Spotting-Wireless-Electronic-Connect/dp/B09PTR862D

Theres one at midway on sale for 85$ +/- . Different brand

Seems better reviews on the mounts that you just hook your phone to the eyepiece ..lol.

User review pictures of targets dont look too bad for under $60

Last edited:
I appreciate all the input. I stumbled across some older super zoom cameras on ebay and wondered if they might work. The videos I've watched seem pretty impressive but I haven't found one that's being used for target work so I was wondering if 40 or 50x might work. I really don't want to put a lot of money in it just to prove a point but I can spare enough that I might give one of them a try out of curiosity.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Ever thought of using a drone? No need to fly it, just set it near the target. A decent drone with the appropriate app should work well. Some can zoom, most can move the camera up and down. Most record in 1080p some are 4k or better.
A lot of times you can find a used one that crashed and is unflyable for cheap but the video and camera work perfectly.

Reactions: Mike-K and bigHUN
Idk. Outside sitting a phone or camcorder thing at the target or scope type camera reaching out a 100 os not easy under silly investment or inconvenience . Inconvenience is the one that first stops my plans ..lol

I post my stuff you can believe it or not thats fine outside of calling me out a lier.. im not going out of my way or spend a chunk to prove me in the right for you kind a thing , but ya, it be nice to find somthing easy , affordable and convenient to vid this stuff ..

That does help. I was thinking between 40 and 50x so I should be alright with something like your Nikon.
I’m not sure of the specifics on it but if I zoom in on a sparrow at 75-100y I can still see them clearly in video and watch them fall. This is my preference of “angle” rather than through a scope🖲.

Reactions: EdinGa
Well i guess its pay for commerical vids maybe but just forum post to " prove" a shot, cant see that cost ..

Watching woketube vids on this type looks fine . Now like i said above id just use a old scope and mount it stand alone . Also i shoot mor irons then scoped so + dont need any extra objects hanging off the gun i shoot ..lol

https://www.amazon.com/SOLOMARK-Smartphone-Telescopic-Adjuster-Diameter/dp/B07MVVPZMC

I guess it comes down to how good your phone camera and the scope you mount it on gor any quality..

But having somthing hanging on the gun when i shoot not appealing at all .