• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tarantulas, tiny Kill Zones, and the DRS

How about some specs on the gun you were shooting? It seen very quiet, is it a .177?
It’s a .22 cal 500mm that came to me shooting 18g at just under 900 fps. I installed an old OEM FX reflex moderator with Impulse air baffles. The setup as a whole is pretty quiet.

Reactions: L.Leon
Beautiful A. chalcodes female tarantula! Very docile but will eat a mate...😂. Nice shooting and nice video!
We like tarantulas too (outside only). Years ago we witnessed a Tarantula Hawk Wasp paralyze a tarantula and try to drag it away. We killed the wasp and tried to rehabilitate the tarantula. It regained a little movement after about a week, but did not survive. Those wasps are nasty!

Here‘s a neat clip about them

We like tarantulas too (outside only). Years ago we witnessed a Tarantula Hawk Wasp paralyze a tarantula and try to drag it away. We killed the wasp and tried to rehabilitate the tarantula. It regained a little movement after about a week, but did not survive. Those wasps are nasty!

Those tarantula hawks are definitely no joke! I heard their sting is off the charts! I raise exotic critters mostly tarantulas, have had 2 females over 11", crazy big but not aggressive by any means, so, yup, they are in our home but the wife likes them too or they wouldn't be inside....😂👍

Oh my goodness… Tarantula Hawks? Oh my!

I have tarantulas (among other spiders) around my place. They help keep the pesky insects down so no spider killing at my place.

Here’s one that was in front of my shop, very friendly.
IMG_5844.jpeg

I kill every tarantula hawk I can. They're sting is said to be one of the most painful there is.

I kill every tarantula hawk I can. They're sting is said to be one of the most painful there is.
I leave 'em be. There are a lot of them here, particularly around our hiking areas, but they don't seem aggressive - usually just flying through, or around. I've heard stories about their stings, but it doesn't seem likely that I'll experience one without trying,

GsT