• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Results Tar Heel Air Rifle Shootout & Field Target Match, Jan 14, '23

Tar Heel Airgun Club | Sponsors 2022
Signup Here

We're flexible. Come and shoot with any gear you want. Bring your LRF's, high mag Hunter rigs, or whatever you'd like to try. The only limit is a 20 foot pound cap to your power level.

Where: 734 Jack Swamp Rd, Pleasant Hill, NC 27866

Match Fees: Setup Helpers $0

Tar Heel Members. $15

Guests $20

It's a great opportunity to shoot a match or train. Here's how it'll work.

Four of us will meet at 10 am to prepare the woods course. I think that'll take about 45 minutes. As soon as we finish we'll open the sight in range. Those wanting to shoot the match should expect a short sight in period of about 15 minutes with the objective of walking onto the course around 11 am. (If you're not shooting the match join us on the sight-in range at this time.)

We'll shoot in two man squads, which should take about 3 hours. If there are an odd number of people one of the match shooters will shoot in a one man squad(probably me).Once we leave the course we'll close the range for the day, but not before 2 pm.

If you're a new shooter or want to train on basic fieldcraft you're welcome to stay on the sight in range or come onto the range and shoot the lanes in any sequence you prefer, including shooting certain targets multiple times. As a courtesy please vacate a lane when a match shooting squad needs it.

NEW SHOOTERS

For those who'd like to try Field Target but don't want to commit to a match here's your chance. The dark line on the map below shows the geographic limits of a two hour drive time to the club. ( Map Link Here ) Arrive whenever you please, leave when you want, but keep in mind that we'll close on schedule so that I can get home by 6 pm.

Google Maps only gets you close to our range. Read the information here to find us.

If you show up and nobody is on the sight-in range look for the path into the woods on the left side of the sight-in range berm. We'll be back there. Ask for Knobs to pay your match fee and sign the waiver. (Everyone must sign a waiver before they start shooting.)

If you're reading this and have no idea what a Field Target match looks like, check out our link. We have a loaner rifle that can be arranged by emailing [email protected]

THAGC | Tar Heel Airgun Club | North Carolina
The Twin Cities Rifle Club is a private club. Please conduct yourself safely and respectfully. No alcohol is allowed on the grounds.

REGULAR SHOOTERS

Please help anyone who looks like they're new by introducing yourself first.

This format cuts that down to a single day. To make it work I need help setting it up. Please let me know if you're willing to help.

We tried this format November 19 and it worked well. Expect to see it for the foreseeable future.

The advantage of running this way is that those who live farther don't need to get up so early. My hope is that this encourages new people to join us.

Signup Here

Thanks

Knobs

[email protected]

Last edited:
Thanks for the writeup Keith. I had been intending to come but those cold temps and wind kept me away. Turned out to be a great day with the family instead, so it worked out.
I should have put on a wool cap and wore the hoodie like I did at the rimfire match I shot the next day. It was 5 F colder, same RH and winds. I dressed for it this time and i was fine.