Tank to Compressor

Yes the Aircharger is heavy, but boy it just pumps soooo good. I got 40+ hrs and 3yrs on mine. I also went with the GX cs4. Both are outstanding. You just have to run them about 5min every few months to keep the rings from setting or hardening. But they are tough as nails. You just turn the grease pot every 4-6 hrs use,and clean the check valve every 10 hrs and you will be rewarded with unlimited air. I shoot a lot. And the Aircharger has kept my 30,45 and 60 min tanks topped off. But….. I did get a Daystate Super Leggero, Coltri. So the Omega and Cs4 will get a little rest…🤣 You wont go wrong with an Aircharger, except they are usually out of stock.. Shoot straight, Grass.
I’m leaning heavy towards the Air Charger. I like the ideal of it being water cooled and the more I thing about it waiting to fill from a compressor would take a while. My Maverick is a double bottle and it sucks air from the tank.

Yes the Aircharger is heavy, but boy it just pumps soooo good. I got 40+ hrs and 3yrs on mine. I also went with the GX cs4. Both are outstanding. You just have to run them about 5min every few months to keep the rings from setting or hardening. But they are tough as nails. You just turn the grease pot every 4-6 hrs use,and clean the check valve every 10 hrs and you will be rewarded with unlimited air. I shoot a lot. And the Aircharger has kept my 30,45 and 60 min tanks topped off. But….. I did get a Daystate Super Leggero, Coltri. So the Omega and Cs4 will get a little rest…🤣 You wont go wrong with an Aircharger, except they are usually out of stock.. Shoot straight, Grass.
Do you run an external air filter / moister filter.

Do you run an external air filter / moister filter.
Yes I have a big blue molecular sieve with a little charcoal section. I’ve never had any moisture sent to any of my bottles or guns. Just last year I changed the molecular sieve beads, but they looked perfect. But they are so cheap I just replaced them. I added some color changing beads just to be sure…Grass

Everyone is looking for a free lunch. There is not one. HPA is expensive. Everyone that stays with PCPs long enough will own a professional compressor and several air tanks. One is not substituted by the other, you need both.. Consider that only 10% of any air tank's volume is actually usable. I have 3 12 liter tanks. I shoot every day at least one magazine, usually more I can shoot my PP700SA 40 shots per charge from 220 BAR to 100 BAR. I can recharge the gun 30 times before charging a 12 liter bottle to 250 BAR. That takes around 10 minutes on my 80 liter 4 cyl. Bauer Compressor. I can recharge my GK1 about 20 times before recharging another 300 BAR 12 liter bottle. There is no way I could sustain that level of shooting with small bottles and inexpensive Chinese compressors.

Question, you can't be both? Asking for a friend.
Both methods of fill could be possible, but it will depend on the compressor that you have . . .

- If a big fast one like a Bauer or Alkin, you won't want to fill the gun directly as it would be hard to control the fill. Tanks are best with these.
- If it is a small low duty-cycle one then you probably won't be filling tanks with it. Direct fills are best with these.
- If it is rated for tanks and not too fast, you could easily do both.

The thing is that if you have a tank and can easily fill it, then it is just so much easier to fill a gun off a tank - quicker, quieter, and not tied to a power source. But then again, I guess that would depend on your tank - most SCBAs are not too hard to manage, but a large steel SCUBA tank would be another matter.

Reactions: rcs9250
Yes I have a big blue molecular sieve with a little charcoal section. I’ve never had any moisture sent to any of my bottles or guns. Just last year I changed the molecular sieve beads, but they looked perfect. But they are so cheap I just replaced them. I added some color changing beads just to be sure…Grass
What grade of MS did you use? 3A/4A/13X?

Both methods of fill could be possible, but it will depend on the compressor that you have . . .

- If a big fast one like a Bauer or Alkin, you won't want to fill the gun directly as it would be hard to control the fill. Tanks are best with these.
- If it is a small low duty-cycle one then you probably won't be filling tanks with it. Direct fills are best with these.
- If it is rated for tanks and not too fast, you could easily do both.

The thing is that if you have a tank and can easily fill it, then it is just so much easier to fill a gun off a tank - quicker, quieter, and not tied to a power source. But then again, I guess that would depend on your tank - most SCBAs are not too hard to manage, but a large steel SCUBA tank would be another matter.
You missed the humor. "Call me crazy or eccentric"

• Haha
Reactions: F6Hawk
What grade of MS did you use? 3A/4A/13X?
I used 4A. 3A seemed too small, but actually would wok as the smaller beads would probably lead to less channeling. But the air is dry so I guess it not that important. Like I stated , I changed it bc it was 3yrs old. It looked dry, but who knows what moisture was in them. So I just switched it out. Didn’t try to dry them. Hope that helps..Grass

I used 4A. 3A seemed too small, but actually would wok as the smaller beads would probably lead to less channeling. But the air is dry so I guess it not that important. Like I stated , I changed it bc it was 3yrs old. It looked dry, but who knows what moisture was in them. So I just switched it out. Didn’t try to dry them. Hope that helps..Grass
It's easy to test them. Put a few in the palm of your hand and put a few drops of water on them. If they heat up, they are still working.

I was looking at the Tuxing 032. What is the max recommended bottle size?
I'm running a 74cf tank, thinking of adding a 100. The 74 takes about 20 min or so from 3000psi to 4500psi. I use Seco Lube, but any high quality compressor oil will do, except for Royal Purple for me it smoked like crazy. Some recommend running pure water wetter (citation needed) I just run 50/50 water/coolant. Even though I'm in a low humidity state I'm not worried too much about water in the air but....I added a Tuxing Molecular Sieve. Beware the two filters on the compressor must be welded closed, a few of us have had issues taking them apart. I've yet to get mine apart, I need a bigger hammer....not joking there darn things are TIGHT. I bleed out the moisture from the #1 filter about ever 5 - 7 min, I've the the auto shut off. I had the electronic control go out right off the bat, lots of fun changing it out with the replacement but since then 1.5 years it's been fine. There is a Tuxing thread here somewhere.