TANK PROS & CONS

DO NOT BUY A SCUBA TANK There only 3000psi instead buy a SCBA tank off eBay there 4500psi they come in 30min and 45min and 60min sizes the 30min is 45 cubic feet and the 45 min is 66 cubic feet and the 60min is 88 cubic feet get a expired one that is in good condition there usually pretty cheap tanks and the fill station is usually like 39$ it's a cga-347 fill station I recommend the hand tighten ones! Another reason not to get a scuba tank is because there heavy as HELL. The SCBA tanks are carbon fiber there very light too. Also make sure you have a place that will fill the tank most places probably won't since there expired but I have my own 4500psi compressor so if you have your own 4500psi compressor your good. And also if it's portable compressor don't try to fill a tank with that cause it will burn that compressor off I highly recommend the water and oil cooled Yong heng 4500psi compressor there cheap and parts are very available and these compressors are reliable! And easy to work on when something does go wrong.

OK it looks like a SCBA cylinder it the way to go. What suggestions do you guy's have in selecting a good one that will last for years? Valve replacement seems to be recommended.
Best one I know of...

Reactions: rodm1
OK it looks like a SCBA cylinder it the way to go. What suggestions do you guy's have in selecting a good one that will last for years? Valve replacement seems to be recommended.
You have to be clear about what you mean by "last for years." The reality is that if you are running your own compressor and doing a proper job of removing water vapor from the air charge, pretty much any new DOT or CE tank will last for decades with the typical use of an air gunner. Used tanks might even be the same, but personally I would not trust them for that long . . . Treat them right, keep them dry internally, and they will last.

If you are having them filled by a commercial source, then 15 years will be the maximum "life" in that application (if bought new) and that will require a hydro test at 5 and 10 years to get there.

If buying a used SCBA tank, they can be had with a functional valve that does not need replacement.

Reactions: rodm1