Tank Pressure ?

Where do you go to get the Acecare tanks filled not being DOT certified?

I have my own compressor, which is pretty much a must have if you are deep enough into this sport. I use a Yongheng compressor which cost around 200 bucks depending were you get it (amazon, ebay, aliexpress or Walmart).

And you can get DOT certified Acecare tanks if you really want it, tho I don't see why, it's just a standard.

The scuba shop that do my filling are pretty relaxed about my 10 year old steel tank, but really it should be tested every 5 years, but then again they can also see that in the 10 years i have owned the tank i have gotten it filled 6 times as i have not been that prolific shooter + have often filled from my friends tank.

I even get a shooter rebate on fillings as unlike divers i do not suck every CC of air out of the tank, most times it is still at 150 bar when i go to get it refilled.

My tanks are approved of course, got the steel tank from the shop where i get my fills done, the new carbon fiber 300 bar tank, they dident even look at it as far as i could tell ( it could of course be they have better eyes than me and are faster label readers )

Having 2 tanks i will bulk fill from the old 200 bar tank and then top up to 250 bar with the new 300 bar tank, and then in the end before i need to go get refilled i will probably have some full gun solo fills from the 300 bar tank. There are no tank pressure gauges on either of my tanks, i can just see on the fill kit what pressure i put into my gun, and at some time my 300 bar tank will just be able to fill 150 bars or so into my gun, and then i know it is time to go visit the neoprene guys in the scuba shop.

If you have a tank with two gauges on it one is your tank pressure and then the other is your filling pressure as you know. When I bought a tank in 2010 I don't think the two gauge tank was available then. Or not at my local dealer. I would just fill my rifles until I couldn’t get the max fill pressure then go get my tank filled. Back then I had a sport shop within ten minutes that would fill my tank. I saw advertised a deadhead fitting. It is basically a solid male foster fitting that when put in the end of a hose blocks air flow then the one gauge tank gauge will show the tank pressure. Pretty cool. I don’t really use it though. As an example I shoot my Taipan most, it can be filled to 250 BAR. But is accurate way down toward 120 BAR. When the tank is full the 250 BAR fill to gun is met fast. When the tank gets down to about 250 BAR the fill goes slower getting to 250. I just keep filling and shooting until my tank is down to 200 BAR then start thinking about filling the tank. So for my use I wouldn’t pay much extra for a tank gauge. I hope that gives you an idea, or something to think on.

Oh for what its worth in my opinion you don't want a tank that is not certified if you rely on getting your tank filled somewhere. After my cert ran out the person that I usually dealt with would overlook the recertification date and fill my tank that looked brand new. One day he wasn't working and the shop wouldn't fill it. I drove around and was turned down at the next place. Thats when my quest for a compressor began. (another story)