• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tank filling slower not sure why

So I have a 74 cu.ft. Tiger Shark tank with the slow flow valve and an Eazy fill chuck with quick disconnect hose and end.

Recently the gun started filling much slower than previously. I ended up replacing the 010 o-rings at all quick disconnect points in the line. Also the o-rings of the fill probe look ok. So question is, anyone have any idea why this would be the case? I'm filling an R5M to around 220 bar. But it labors to get there with the tank at 250 bar. Not sure what's going on. And indeed behaved similarly when the tank was around 4400 PSI and full.

My question is WHY, why are you using a slow fill on your Tiger Shark? I'm pretty sure it's not necessary, I use a regular line on mine, it's not like the compressor goes really fast anyway. Tuxing 032
Just how it came. Being somewhat new to the pcp game I didn't want to mess with stuff. I also blame Jaws but have always had a healthy fear of hpa. Even when I was doing paintball more than a decade ago.

Just how it came. Being somewhat new to the pcp game I didn't want to mess with stuff. I also blame Jaws but have always had a healthy fear of hpa. Even when I was doing paintball more than a decade ago.
Oh I have a very heathy fear of things exploding, but we're not dumping 4500# of air into 74CF instantly, it's over a period of 15 minutes, less than when we're transferring from the 74cf to our guns. I'll charge my guns from the pump, no micro bore or I assume it's not, they get warm which is to be expected.

My question is WHY, why are you using a slow fill on your Tiger Shark? I'm pretty sure it's not necessary, I use a regular line on mine, it's not like the compressor goes really fast anyway. Tuxing 032

I think the OP is talking about filling their gun, not their tank. One would assume that when filling the tank they don't use the slow flow valve or the Eazy Fill device.

So I have a 74 cu.ft. Tiger Shark tank with the slow flow valve and an Eazy fill chuck with quick disconnect hose and end.

Recently the gun started filling much slower than previously. I ended up replacing the 010 o-rings at all quick disconnect points in the line. Also the o-rings of the fill probe look ok. So question is, anyone have any idea why this would be the case? I'm filling an R5M to around 220 bar. But it labors to get there with the tank at 250 bar. Not sure what's going on. And indeed behaved similarly when the tank was around 4400 PSI and full.

The already suggested culprit is likely the slow fill valve. To diagnose it, try filling the gun with just a whip, just the Eazy Fill and the whip and. if it is still slow with the Eazy Fill, try it with just the slow flow valve. You should be able to determine which of them is causing the problem. Unlikely, but it also could be a blockage somewhere in your hoses.

If you have only filled guns with your current setup, be sure you open the tank valve or the Eazy Fill very slowly with the slow flow valve removed. as you can over heat the bottle / cylinder on the gun by filling too fast and if your tank is over the max pressure for the gun you can burst the safety disc if you open it too much / too fast.

I think the OP is talking about filling their gun, not their tank. One would assume that when filling the tank they don't use the slow flow valve or the Eazy Fill device.

The already suggested culprit is likely the slow fill valve. To diagnose it, try filling the gun with just a whip, just the Eazy Fill and the whip and. if it is still slow with the Eazy Fill, try it with just the slow flow valve. You should be able to determine which of them is causing the problem. Unlikely, but it also could be a blockage somewhere in your hoses.

If you have only filled guns with your current setup, be sure you open the tank valve or the Eazy Fill very slowly with the slow flow valve removed. as you can over heat the bottle / cylinder on the gun by filling too fast and if your tank is over the max pressure for the gun you can burst the safety disc if you open it too much / too fast.
No disagreement from me on any point, I just read it as the big tank is all.

Won't harm anything to remove the slo-flo. A HEALTHY fear is a good survival instinct but don't let it keep you from operating your equipment within the parameters they were designed to operate in. 30+ years working with/hydrotesting CF tanks & NEVER seen one blow! You're probably a million times more likely to get hurt driving to the 7-11!

Reactions: damageINC