• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tank fill source website

Have been kicking this idea around for a while now. Considered starting a thread here for folks with compressors & a willingness to fill others tanks. New threads can get buried deep on AGN pretty quickly though (that's a good thing, lots of new topics signals a healthy forum), & didn't want to ask for it to be made a sticky- like that the sticky lists here are kept short & sweet.
So made a free website instead... very simple; an explanation of what it is, the list, & the built-in search function so folks can type in their state/province etc to narrow it down should the list get long. Ever the optimist :). Anyhoo.... here it is in all its, um, glory:

https://wolfmangreg.wixsite.com/airgun-hpa-source

If you own a compressor, are willing to fill tanks for others with it, & would like to be on the list, PM me & I'll add you to the website. Below is what I put for my listing- you don't have to provide all of that, just some way to contact you- can just be "PM (your AGN username here) on the Airgun Nation forum" if you're not keen on using an email address, phone number or what not. Kinda pointless without some indication of your location too, at least a state/province. Up to you how much info you want to give. I'm willing to fill for free as long as the tank owner is willing to drive to me, work around my schedule, and their tank is up to par. If you want to charge or barter for use of your compressor, that's cool. No business of mine, nor anyone else other than you & whoever wants a tank filled.

Compressor: Alkin W31 Mariner
Compressor hose connection type: Female Foster
Max fill: 4500 psi
Price: free
Notes: Have adapters available for filling DIN 300, CGA-347 (firehouse) & both male/female Foster type tank connections. Tank must have current hydro inspection sticker.

Not putting any commercial fill stations (dive or paintball shops, etc) on the site, at least for now. Afraid that might be biting off more than I can chew, but may consider it down the road. And I won't put a firehouse on it, wouldn't do that to them.
Know that a list like this used to exist somewhere (Crosman site???), but if memory serves it was mostly commercial fill stations. Couldn't locate it with a web search earlier today so maybe it's gone. If I'm wrong & this is already available somewhere, please let me know & I'll contribute to an existing site rather than reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:
I would gladly pay someone in my area to fill my small air tank. I’m getting tired of pumping. LOL
Hope something in your area pops up soon, yours is one of the situations where it could really help.

If we can get (or help keep) even a handful of people into PCP airgunning I'mma call it a win 😁

Thinly veiled attempt to keep this thread on the first page- hoping to get a few more on the list.
Promise I won't necro for long, maybe a week.

Some comments for compressor owners on the fence:
- Made it clear on the website that owners provide fills at their discretion. You're not obligated to anything. If you're not comfortable with the condition of their tank, don't like the cut of their jib, etc, you have the right to refuse.
- Contact me at any time if you want your info changed or removed. Will do so as soon as I can log in, only takes a few minutes.

Also, my weak Google-fu did finally turn up a website with commercial fill station (dive & paintball shops) locations:
https://www.umarexusa.com/airgun-filling-locations

The shop I used to use for fills isn't on it, so don't know how comprehensive it is. Had at least a few listings for the half dozen or so states I clicked on, so could definitely help someone looking for a place.

Reactions: Bernie7
Maybe we open it up for forum members to list sites such as scuba shops that have explicitly stated they’re fine filling tanks for other reasons and to what pressure…?
Thought about doing that down the road, until I found the UmarexUSA site I linked earlier. It's super easy to use, just click your state on the map & you get a list of fill stations. Didn't click all 50, but have done about 20 & all of them had results! Even "inland" states like my own. There's a form at the bottom of the page where you can quickly submit locations not yet listed.
So using the "work smart not hard" school of thought, I linked the Umarex site on mine:

Screenshot 2023-02-07 13.32.35.png

Reactions: Bernie7
Thought about doing that down the road, until I found the UmarexUSA site I linked earlier. It's super easy to use, just click your state on the map & you get a list of fill stations. Didn't click all 50, but have done about 20 & all of them had results! Even "inland" states like my own. There's a form at the bottom of the page where you can quickly submit locations not yet listed.
So using the "work smart not hard" school of thought, I linked the Umarex site on mine:

View attachment 330408
Tried it out; shows me the top 10 in kansas!
Nice!
So I scroll...
Wait.....there is ONLY 10 in kansas on there
🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😅🤣