• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

TalonTunes - sudden change in tunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple weeks ago I had chance to play with Vulcan .25 I really liked - lever in the middle, consistent, not picky to pellets.

I was thinking for a while about something more powerful than my Daystate Pulsar, Vulcan 2 in .30 looks like the one I can use 

Not that many places in US sell Vulcans, TalonTunes one of those places, same as me on the East coast, will be at my house just in 2-3 days...

Called TT on Saturday August 18th, Tony picked up phone, was very nice and friendly, I wanted to check if he has Tactical, but he explained its heavier and bigger and he doesn't even bother to order that model, he offered Vulcan 2, laminated bullpup, with hard case and two magazines, he told me he needs a couple days to tune up. I paid him through PayPal 15 minutes after our conversation.

With a payment, I included polite message - "Would be nice, if you can ship that in next few days, I would like to get that Vulcan by next weekend to try." I have full time job and not that much time to play on weekdays.

He never responded or send any shipping updates, but he told me during our conversation he only needs couple days to tune up, I was pretty sure I'll get that on Friday

Took half day off on Friday (I knew it would require my signature) - no luck, UPS truck didn't stop by.

Monday, after work straight home - nothing

Tuesday (10 days after I paid) - nothing

Picked up phone, called Tony

He was - yaaa, still tuning...

I was shocked, 10 days and he didn't even ship, I told him you gotta be kidding me...

he snapped at that point - what do you want me to do - through that in a box and ship, I'm tuning that gun to be perfect....

I asked again - for 10 days???
He told me sarcastically - yaaa, dancing around with your gun...

At that point it was pretty clear, that conversation is not going anywhere, I just told thank you and hang up...

Is he trying to say Vulcan is piece of junk and needs 10 days of tuning - sorry that's BS. Vulcan is high quality rifle out of the box, it's not one of those cheap Chines or Turkish rifles, you have to re-align everything, polish air ports, trigger and tweak with springs.

Other thing - a year and a half ago my friend bought Vulcan from Tony, got it week later with stuck trigger out of the box, he wasn't able to make a single shot. Called Tony, left message, next day called again, never hear from him since. 

Fortunately it was well known problem with one of previous generation Vulcans, he was able to find enough info on the internet. He fixed that Vulcan by himself.

He was so nice and friendly before he got money, but such a change in tunes after he got paid. It was hard to believe I'm talking to the same person.

If I would talk to my customers like that, I would be out of my job by the end of the day...

Really hope I will not have any issues, because I doubt I can send anything to Tony for warranty 

"...I wanted to check if he has Tactical, but he explained its heavier and bigger and he doesn't even bother to order that model..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Really? 

I bought my Vulcan2 .25 cal Tactic from Tony at Talon Tunes about a month ago -- 8/3/2018, to be exact.

Maybe he meant Tactic in .30 caliber only; that "he doesn't even bother to order that model...". However, I doubt it.

Sometimes I wonder if these vendors will claim to have a rifle in stock when they actually do not have it. They tell you/us they have the rifle, take your/our money, then attempt to acquire the rifle. I had that happen to me with a vendor -- whom I will not name right now. Eventually, the sales representative called me back -- 2 days later -- and admitted that he did not have the rifle, a Kalibrgun Cricket. My money was refunded.
1535564786_2855497175b86dbf2b93367.43680267_IMG_2581.JPG
1535564866_10265477655b86dc424cef15.51810229_IMG_2527 2.JPG

* I was not happy to see that I was charged for the "JSB King" pellets, as Tony agreed over the phone to send them "complimentary".

** Tony also tried to tell me that he was the "only airgun vendor on the east coast". He quickly backtracked when I told him about Charlie at "Georgia Airguns".

2manyAG - that looks gorgeous, exactly like I wanted, I don't mind few extra inches, I like adjustable cheek piece and I think it would be little bit more comfortable.

Tony told me - it's much bigger, way heavier, no one is asking for that, I don't even bother to order that model...

Thats his exact words. I doubt it is any difference in weight between .25 and .30 and I would not mind waiting till next order. 

A lot of people were happy about his services, that's why I didn't hesitate to order from him, even I knew that story about my friend's Vulcan not working out of the box

We talked about that, and even my friend was thinking it's just an outlier, he was just curious - how the hell did he tune that rifle, if he wasn't able to press trigger at all...

Unfortunately not that many models in .30 cal, especially with lever in the middle not at your ear.

I like FX Impact, but it's $400 more, even $1600 already not a cheap gun.

It was a huge difference - Tony before he got my money and Tony after, like it's not a same person.

He was irritated, not even a shade of apology for delay, just offensive from the beginning.

Bigtinboat would you be kind enough to post any links to Vulcan2 available in .30 cal anywhere in U.S.

Yes, it happened to my friend, it happened one and a half year ago not like last week or so. Tony sounded very reasonable and nice on the phone, before he got my money.

And yes I did my legwork, I didn't find any dealer who had Vulcan2 in .30 cal available.

And yes, I wanted Tactic, but Tony, without hesitating a second, told me it's not available and he does not even order Tactic, because it is way too heavy and too long, nobody asks for that model (which is not true, as we know from 2manyairgunz post)

Please prove me wrong and post a link 

Thanks

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz
Bigtinboat would you be kind enough to post any links to Vulcan2 available in .30 cal anywhere in U.S.

Yes, it happened to my friend, it happened one and a half year ago not like last week or so. Tony sounded very reasonable and nice on the phone, before he got my money.

And yes I did my legwork, I didn't find any dealer who had Vulcan2 in .30 cal available.

And yes, I wanted Tactic, but Tony, without hesitating a second, told me it's not available and he does not even order Tactic, because it is way too heavy and too long, nobody asks for that model (which is not true, as we know from 2manyairgunz post)

Please prove me wrong and post a link 

Thanks

So now you're asking for links to Vulcan2 ? In your ORIGINAL post you asked about a Tactic?

Are you now looking for a Vulcn 2 Tactic in .30?

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/vulcan-2-tactic.html

Or do you want the Vulcan 2 in .30?

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/vulcan-2-bullpup.html

Granted this dealer in not in US, but ships to US without problem or hesitation, and usually at a cost lower then getting one from the US.

BigTinBoat, I know about Krale, I don't want to deal with international shipping, especially if price is exactly the same

from time to time customs hit you with import tax and you are screwed (doesn't happen often, but it can be painful) 

I was asking you to confirm your statement:

"Once you held the gun and liked it all you needed was google. You would ave found 3 other dealers within about 5 seconds. One the same price, one a little cheaper..."

And I specifically stated, I'm not interested in international shipping 

Status
Not open for further replies.