• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

TalonP with Doug Noble Valve and NSA 55.5gr HP...Holy#%@&!šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™m excited to hear more about how that rifle is running. I just got a talondor. I believe itā€™s a first gen Talon. Iā€™m pretty sure I have TT high flo valve.Ā 

with an 18ā€ .22 barrel Iā€™m sending the 30 grain piledrivers at 900 FPS with power wheel on zero.Ā 

I just got a 27 inch TJ barrel 1:14 in .257 and I was thinking of reaching out to Doug about one of his valves or looking into Spin lock or Texan valves.Ā 

I plan to tether rifle so Iā€™m not concerned about shot count. But just trying to find a solid source to learn about these Airforce guns is challenging.Ā 

My .257 project has been on hold, but I am always on the look for either a Condor or Talon project gun.

I would choose Doug Noble over AF, his design has but a single purpose, power and you shooting tethered, all his valve does is make power.

I'll be doing more testing now that this SIP has eased up, and that I finished up addressing my vehicle's mechanical issues.

I bought the ring-loc system and ran it on high power-- DON'T DO THAT! The groups were horrible with several pellets (mostly JSB brand). I got a lot of advice on this forum, see the AF regulator thread that I started. Several experienced AF guys suggested that I turn down the volume (power dial) to get better groups.

If I used pellets, yeah I wouldn't run it wide open, I would use the 2nd insert and tune it down a bit.

But with slugs I can run my AF valve wide open and adjust various weights of slugs, as it shoots them all well.

I've been neglecting my TalonP, but plan on taking it out I. the next couple weeks on a little walk-a-bout, see what I can get into with it. I just picked up a backpack for it and had planned on doing it this week, but the fires have put my plan on hold.

I upgraded scope & added a Donnyfl Emperor so that I can make it an actual take down gun.

I'll make sure and update this with some new pics after I take it out.

I LOVE my talon P. Put an oil filter on the end and it is nice and quiet. Cast my own 47 grain boat tails (MP mold)Ā and shoot those. A bit heavy but very accurate at all power levels. This was the only .25 mold I could find, turnsĀ out to be excellent.Ā 

Accuracy seems as good or better than jsb and perhaps because of the mass or maybe the lack of a skirt, I don't really get flyers with the mp molds slugs.Ā 

1598548665_19581412635f47eab9047203.63440135.jpeg

BC is 1.5 I read somewhere.

The other day I was shooting these even with the gun tuned way down - don't usually do this but trying to avoid buying more pellets. they were only flying in the high 500's/ low 600'sĀ butĀ still hitting dead-on in my 10m garage range.Ā 

For some reason I thought that you would need to be shooting a Diablo pallet at slow speeds like this, That a solid bullet without a skirt would not be spinning fast enough to be stable.

I might've already said this here, I forget, But these were specifically designed / testedĀ to work in LW choked barrels so maybe it's not a surprise

Here's a link to a video about these:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CodtHHnTT9o