TalonP with Doug Noble Valve and NSA 55.5gr HP...Holy#%@&!šŸ˜Ž

So I picked up one of Doug Noble .25/.257 valves for a .257 build I want to do.

Don't have a Condor yet, so put the valve in a 500cc bottle I picked up, and on a 3000psi fill on the tank, in my TalonP with 16" barrel, using NSA 55.5gr hp, 924fps...that's 105fpe at the muzzle...

I can't wait and fill a little higher and see what it'll do, but have to go somewhere and test further, as this is really too much at my normal sight in location.

I am really amazed at the power of this new valve with such a short barrel and low fill. Makes me wonder what it will put out with a 24"+ barrel and a little more psi..

Looking for advice on modding a new stock talon P. Iā€™d like to add the ā€œquick change top hatā€ from talon tunes. Can a user install this without prior experience working on airforce aurguns? Or is this something that needs to be installed by talon tunes or someone with training?

also, does the airforce valve orifice kit do the same thing as the quick change top hat?

I cannot get a response from Talon Tunes - maybe virus closures I donā€™t know.Ā 

thanks in advance for your help.Ā 

Looking for advice on modding a new stock talon P. Iā€™d like to add the ā€œquick change top hatā€ from talon tunes. Can a user install this without prior experience working on airforce aurguns? Or is this something that needs to be installed by talon tunes or someone with training?

also, does the airforce valve orifice kit do the same thing as the quick change top hat?

I cannot get a response from Talon Tunes - maybe virus closures I donā€™t know.Ā 

thanks in advance for your help.

You can remove the top hat using two screwdrivers or you can go to harbor freight and pick up a automobile panel removal kit, which has these tools that can do the job easier.

Once removed you simply put the new top hat into the air tank, and power wheel max, cock and shoot it until it starts shooting again it's really a real easy process.

Instead of spending $$$ on a tt top hat you should buy a rimlock valve no tt top hat will flow more air than the new rimlock valve I found it more accurate n easy to tune...I sold mine and buy 2 new valves...the steam were the top hat goes is noticeable thicker in the rimlock the lower holes are bigger and the steam holders a little black piece that goes in the bottom is completely redesigned to flow more air..a little bit more than the old talon p valve....now all the hp airforce model use the rimlock.....the tt top hat was perfect when there was nothing else around..

A .30 caliber kit cost almost what a refurbished bt 65 .30 cost .. n you will still be single shooting.. you will never get that money back...but you could always sell the bt 65 for at least $380 ...I almost purchased for a condor but decided to buy a 308 carbine shoots pellets in low power n bullets in hi .you be better with a tj .25 1-22 twist I mounted one in 18"1/2 and it shoots great..and if you want even more power if the talon p all ready have a rimlock valve you could go for 22 " you should be able to sling 52g boat tails with no problem...I would not advise a longer barrel because the talon p frame is to short to support the barrel properly at front .. or sleeve the barrel in carbon fiber..

Instead of spending $$$ on a tt top hat you should buy a rimlock valve no tt top hat will flow more air than the new rimlock valve I found it more accurate n easy to tune...I sold mine and buy 2 new valves...the steam were the top hat goes is noticeable thicker in the rimlock the lower holes are bigger and the steam holders a little black piece that goes in the bottom is completely redesigned to flow more air..a little bit more than the old talon p valve....now all the hp airforce model use the rimlock.....the tt top hat was perfect when there was nothing else around..

16" barrel + TT tophat gave me 24fpe, moreĀ power came from the tophat than from 4" of barrel.

The valve ringlock kit isn't going to increase overall fpe/fps, just make it adjustable which is a good thing.

Actually the new ring loc valves are larger. They have a larger OD stem then the old valves. So they have a bigger ID and make more power.

That's good to know. I'm still looking for a home for this valve. I think I'm going to end up with a Condor frame, but keep going back and forth over SS or not.

I really need to make a decision and get this build going...

I have to disagree I don't know if you have a rimlock to but I used to have 2 pairs of each 2 tt top hat and then order 2 rimlock valves .. 18" barrel 88grams of hammer factory spring to shoot 25g redesigned at 940 fps I could do it with the second top hat of the kit .. to do the same I have to modify the 3rd and last incert of the tt tophat to achieve the same speed.. an I still have 2 more top hats to go in the rimlock valve. the rimlock top hats are easy to change even when the tank is mounted...try that with the tt top hat .. valve to valve rimlock is way better designed..the other is only a better version of an old design....of the Doug noble valve I also have 2 one in a 257 build the other if it doesn't work in my .223 will used in a 7mm build..

I have to disagree I don't know if you have a rimlock to but I used to have 2 pairs of each 2 tt top hat and then order 2 rimlock valves .. 18" barrel 88grams of hammer factory spring to shoot 25g redesigned at 940 fps I could do it with the second top hat of the kit .. to do the same I have to modify the 3rd and last incert of the tt tophat to achieve the same speed.. an I still have 2 more top hats to go in the rimlock valve. the rimlock top hats are easy to change even when the tank is mounted...try that with the tt top hat .. valve to valve rimlock is way better designed..the other is only a better version of an old design....of the Doug noble valve I also have 2 one in a 257 build the other if it doesn't work in my .223 will used in a 7mm build..

I had a second TalonP with ring loc system and thought it to be the new valve, but from what you and Doug are posting it must have not been, as the TT tophat was out performing it.

Wasn't a big deal as I found it at a paintball shop and got it for for next to nothing with the sole purpose of sellingĀ it to fund my .257 project.

To me it's not about either or I was passing on my first hand experience with both systems, not saying one was better or worse than the other.

Btw I change my TT tophat inserts with the bottle in, but I have it in a bullpup position not the stock setup so its easier to do.

I have a lot to learn. Still waiting to get my talon p and ring lock valve set.

i was reading old posts mixed up with newer ones due to the way I was searching and browsing. So I am still trying to sort out which modification kitsĀ apply to the current model and what they achieve.

Does the airforce ring lock kit actually have the potential to increase the energy of the pistol? Or is it only about decreasing power and extending shot count relative to the stock valve?

I recall reading that the talon tunes top hat set upped it to like 60-70 fpe and I wonder if this does the same.Ā 

Just got my talon. First really decent air gun. I am just amazed!

Can someone set me straight? In the airforce brochure they do not list the TalonP as one of the guns to use with theĀ ring loc kit (with the different aperture valves). Will these fit on the current stock talonP or do these go with some other gun?

i mean, can I put a small aperture valve right onto an unmodified TalonP for example to extend shot count?

Thanks

Just got my talon. First really decent air gun. I am just amazed!

Can someone set me straight? In the airforce brochure they do not list the TalonP as one of the guns to use with theĀ ring loc kit (with the different aperture valves). Will these fit on the current stock talonP or do these go with some other gun?

i mean, can I put a small aperture valve right onto an unmodified TalonP for example to extend shot count?

Thanks

It's my understanding that the ring loc valve kit does fit the TalonP, as I have read others have used it on their guns.

Using the smaller diameter along with adding a oring under the tophat will extend your shot count some.

I just run mine at high power so I'm not the best at knowing all those extended shot count tricks as I just top off to keep max power, as its my hunting gun.

Iā€™m excited to hear more about how that rifle is running. I just got a talondor. I believe itā€™s a first gen Talon. Iā€™m pretty sure I have TT high flo valve.Ā 

with an 18ā€ .22 barrel Iā€™m sending the 30 grain piledrivers at 900 FPS with power wheel on zero.Ā 

I just got a 27 inch TJ barrel 1:14 in .257 and I was thinking of reaching out to Doug about one of his valves or looking into Spin lock or Texan valves.Ā 

I plan to tether rifle so Iā€™m not concerned about shot count. But just trying to find a solid source to learn about these Airforce guns is challenging.Ā