TalonP first blood

I've been having an issue with rock squirrels on my property causing thousands of dollars worth of damage by digging under my house and driveway as well as chewing up car wiring. I try to live and let live with the critters around here but have recently declared war on these pests. I purchased a tuned TalonP from Talon Tunes, and outfitted it with a 3x9 Bug Buster, Airforce carbon fiber bipod and a DonnyFL Ronin for a small, light and powerful hunting package. Then spent a couple weeks testing pellets/slugs and practicing shooting until I was confident enough with my accuracy to begin hunting with it.

I grabbed some 33.5gr Nielsen slugs and went out to do my morning patrol looking for them as they tend to be most active around 6-11am and kicked this one out from a brush pile. She made the mistake of only running about twenty yards away from me and then stopped, presenting me a perfect profile shot (they usually run 50+ yards away or beeline it for a nearby burrow and hide). This was my first time using slugs on game and I'm pretty impressed, one shot right behind the shoulder, a very loud smack sound and she was DRT with a decent size exit wound.

20220728_145502.jpg