TalonP accuracy.

I bought a 25 cal AAA TalonP from Talon Tunes just before Christmas. I got because I wanted something to quietly deal with late night intruders that were killing my chickens and ducks. I had be using a 9mm, but wanted to not wake the neighbors, so a TalonP with a moderator seemed like the ticket. I mounted a cheap 4x scope I had laying around and a light on the front rail.

I knew this gun would be adequately accurate to deal with a raccoon at 20 to 20 yards, but after some sighting in on my 25 and 50 yard backyard targets, I was really surprised to find that I could shoot single hole groups pretty consistently, so I sprung for a better scope that I mounted last night and did a rough sighting in with a laser bore sight.

About 30 minutes ago I took it out to my backyard range and set up a target at 85 yards. The first shot was to the left but after a quick adjustment, the next 3 grouped at just over the size of a quarter. 
I really was not expecting this out of an Airforce gun with a 12 inch barrel.
I am really liking this gun!
IMG_2012sm.1641963029.jpg
IMG_2013sm.1641963030.jpg
IMG_2014sm.1641963030.jpg

I bought mine as a complete frame from airforce and bought a 12" 20 cal barrel instead of the 25. I was getting good accuracy and decent shot count. A member here on AGN told me how to put an O-ring behind the top hat to help with consistency. Now I'm getting regulator type consistency. If you want you can PM me and I can get the exact size of the oring you need. Just search condor oring top hat trick here and you can read how and why it works but the short answer is that when the tank is full it is harder for the valve to open and the top hat doesn't get pushed as far as the oring and when the tank is lower and the top hat is opening alot more the oring bounces the top hat back and prevents the valve from staying open too long saving alot of air. It won't make your gun more accurate but it will get you lots more shots on the string that are accurate. 

I got the Talon Tunes TalonP. The Burris 1-4X MTAC scope that I had laying around was lonely and needed a companion. So the TalonP is the perfect fit. 

https://talontunes.com/shop/aaa-talonp/

I probably won't do any shooting past 50-75 yards with this setup.

The only pellets that I could get for it in the weight range that I wanted was the H&N Baracuda Hunters weighing at 27.47 grains. I didn't bother to change the settings that Tony had selected. The pellet leaves the muzzle at an average of 864 FPS for a 15 shot string. That's 44.7 FPE at the muzzle. At a 50 yard zero it's retaining almost 28 FPE.

In the photo below the left target has 20 shots at 50 yards. I could probably shrink the groups with a little tweaking and higher power scope. The center target was shot at 25 yards for 20 shots. 

I wanted to see what would happen at 25 yards with a 30 shot string with the target on the right. As you can see the last ten shots were really low. Regardless of that, they still pack a punch for that last ten shots. If I'm down to that many left, aiming a little high isn't a problem.

I have not had a chance to hunt with it yet but plan on eradicating groundhogs this summer where I cannot use a PB and the distance is short.

Like I said, the scope is a Burris 1-4X. The rings are the FX no limit rings. I put a buck-rail forearm on the carbine as it is longer, wider and more comfortable to hold. I'll put the links below for the rings and forearm. The camo is what the best dressed air-gunners are wearing these days.

The entire package is less than 34 inches long and weighs 5.84 pounds.

IMG_3271.1642024609.jpg

In the photo below, the pellet on the left is unfired. I recovered the one on the right from a water-filled milk jug at 100 yards. The expansion, if you could call it that, is unimpressive. However, for a 100 yards shot, I'm impressed. At that distance the retained energy is a little less than 18 FPE. It might have been much less than that as this was one of the last pellets that I shot when the tank pressure was getting really low.

IMG_3253.1642024830.jpg

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/fx-no-limit-scope-mount-30mm-dovetail?a=7561

https://buck-rail.com/product/improved-airforce-pistol-grip-and-forearm/

Thanks for the link to the scope rings. I have been looking for something like those.

My AAA TalonP seems to be most accurate JSB 33.95 and FX 34 gr.

It goes without saying that the lighter pellets give higher velocities, but just don't group as well. Maybe I need to play with the power wheel settings a little.

As far as expansion goes. This is an FX 34 gr round nose fired from 25 yards at my backstop made from a scrap from 1inch thick soft rubber rubber stall Matt. I need to try this with some hollow points, but just the .25 round nose expanded to .285

25CalExpan.1642087932.jpg