Talon Tunes NEW Portable PCP Compressor (12v, 110v, 220v) Full Review

im in search of tank for my gun and found this thread....now im not shure should i get this compressor or a bottle...what do you think

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd.1622480743.JPG

Get both. 2 is 1; 1 is none. 

Well I have been lurking here reading about the trials and tribulations regarding the different small portable compressors, and have come to the conclusion that no matter what you buy, unless you spend a ton of money, it's going to fail, and you will need to repair it. The other option is to purchase a 4 year warranty from Amazon, with the expectation of replacing it over and over again. 

It kinda reminds me of back in the early days of the Sony Walkman or equivalents. When you purchased it, anyone with any brains also purchased the extended warranty knowing it was not a matter of if it would crap out, but just how soon. I raised 3 boys, and cannot remember how many of these we exchanged, but I can state with absolute certainty that all of them were replaced repeatedly until the warranty expired. Then you purchased a new one with the extended warranty and started all over again. This cycle continued until the advent of the portable CD player. 

I guess this is just something you have to expect going in. 

I would have no problems doing repairs, so one of the deciding factors would be the availability of parts. 

The air cooled compressors are interesting because it's less messy, but again what about parts? 

If you pay around $400.00 for a compressor including a 4 year warranty, you are looking at $100.00 a year to shoot your pcp airguns before needing to buy parts, which doesn't sound too bad. 

The reason I bring this up is because until now I have been using a scuba tank to charge both a pistol and an air rifle up to 2000 psi, and getting a lot of charges from it. I have a Maruder 177 coming which runs at 3000psi, and am thinking I could fill it from my scuba tank as full as possible, then topping it off with the compressor. This would be a very light duty for the compressor. 

With this in mind what are your thoughts?

"am thinking I could fill it from my scuba tank as full as possible, then topping it off with the compressor. This would be a very light duty for the compressor. 

With this in mind what are your thoughts?"

Thats what I do with my Omega Trail Charger. Omega TC charges/tops off the tank(s); tank tops off the pistols n rifles. 2 is one; 1 is none.

In SA its sold under the name " Cloverleaf".. One month in one of the piston rings let go ( no parts available for now) so I replaced it with a normal o ring.. dont no how long it will last.. It is a sealed unit whith no way to get additional lubrication to the rings!! So it will let go sooner rather than later.. for now i put it upside down after use in the hope that the lube gets to the top of the rings.

Just wondering how much you have used it?? Just ordered 1 from amazon supposed to be here tomorrow. Any tips would be helpful!

Open the air bleed valve BEFORE you turn the compressor off. This saves the piston.

NEVER start the compressor with pressure in the hose. 

You can bleed your air every 5 minutes to squirt out moisture. It may take 10 minutes to fill a gun from 200 to 300 bar.

I have filled my guns with mine about 50 times..so far so good. 

I added a giant oil water seperator to mine when I got my M3:

20210705_132546.1625516950.jpg

one of many PCP moisture filters available on Amazon 

https://www.amazon.com/Separator-Compressor-4500Psi-Pressure-Connector/dp/B08LKYXBYS/ref=asc_df_B08LKYXBYS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=475689981997&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15816069526786936693&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033610&hvtargid=pla-1144802195233&psc=1

I remember reading a thread not too long ago where the general consensus was NOT to fill a regulated '300 BAR' rated airgun to the full 300 bar, because regulators are more prone to creep (pass pressure higher than setpoint). Filling to 225 or 250 bar max extended the life of the regulator.

I submit that this philosophy will also be good for the life of the compressor as well. Just because you can fill to 300 bar, doesn't mean you should!

It's like any other equipment with some sort of load rating: to extend their life, don't run things at or near their max rated capacity.

Sorry I just noticed the date on this thread. It came up on my first page of new posts after the software change on the AGN site.
You say in the comments of this video that it only lasted 3 months, not so good.
I watched you run it in the video and it occurred to me that it might be better to have the bleed screw open before starting and stopping the compressor just as a general practice. This and not filling past 225 or 250 bars might improve the lifespan.

Last edited:
@kaylaindy Is what’s implied in the question above true or did this one crap out too? If so, how long did it last and what sort of issues did you encounter before it was toast?
I have not got to try the GX yet. I emailed them to send me one. My Talon Tunes compressor and NOMAD both stopped filling guns about 3 months in. Garbage.
Your best bet is a Yong Heng but only run it 10 minutes MAX. With 2-3 10min sesions, you can fill a 45 min SCBA tank 4500+ no problem. 10 mins max and a Yong Heng will last for years. Good luck! -Nate

AGN Thread when my NOMAD went out

This compressor looks like a shorter model of the air Venturi nomad compressor, same features same dials same buttons but this one is orange instead of brown and it doesn’t have a cool blue light on the bottom of it. And mine was obviously more it was $700 at the time I bought it 2 years ago. My compressor has held up so far I have had no problems over the past two years I am not a heavy PCP user.