Talon Tunes NEW Portable PCP Compressor (12v, 110v, 220v) Full Review

Ca.1622279079.JPG

Hey guys! If your using a scuba tank and a cheap compressor to fill your air rifles: it's time to wake up! There is a much better way to fill your PCP air guns! This portable PCP compressor from Talon Tunes is as good as it gets! Hook it directly to your gun, and you can pump your air rifle or pistol to over 300 bar in just a minute. I'm not sure how I got through 3 years of PCP shooting without one of these. Must see video for any PCP shooter! Thanks for watching! -Nate

slow.1622279101.jpg

https://youtu.be/69OTQib0-t8

I can't think of any bad things about the set up.I really think it's the #1 choice for PCP shoooters..."A" portable PCP compressor that fills the gun directly, even if it's an Omega Trail charger, is the best choice. .

forget scuba tanks!!! ...unless your shooting a 200 bar gun. Then you can shoot for days on one SCBA tank

300 bar guns, you need a portable unit. 

OK but why are you telling us it's the best? Did they give you one to review? do you actually have some points to compare it to something like a yong heng which works really well?

What makes it perfect?

I know this was directed at kaylaindy, and I would never call this "perfect" but vs. yong heng, one nice advantage is just how small and portable it really is. That said, I've only had mine for a few weeks now, filled two guns twice for a total of 4 fills. So no idea on longevity. I can only hope it lasts. I get the feeling however that if I DON'T use it for deep dive tank fills @ 300 bar, but instead stick to 200-ish bar 480cc rifle bottles, it just might last a good long time :)

Time will tell.

Ca.1622279079.JPG

Hey guys! If your using a scuba tank and a cheap compressor to fill your air rifles: it's time to wake up! There is a much better way to fill your PCP air guns! This portable PCP compressor from Talon Tunes is as good as it gets! Hook it directly to your gun, and you can pump your air rifle or pistol to over 300 bar in just a minute. I'm not sure how I got through 3 years of PCP shooting without one of these. Must see video for any PCP shooter! Thanks for watching! -Nate

slow.1622279101.jpg

https://youtu.be/69OTQib0-t8

OK, just had to say I laughed out loud about your table's "special cut out " for the compressor! Too funny.

The humming sound when you plug it in by the way is just the small slow fan that is part of the AC power supply, (like one on a PC power supply.) That just keeps the AC to DC power converter cool. Not to be confused with the big loud fan used to cool the compressor itself.

OK but why are you telling us it's the best? Did they give you one to review? do you actually have some points to compare it to something like a yong heng which works really well?

What makes it perfect?

My first compresor was a Yong Heng. I blew it up and then I bought another one. A year later that one died. I bought 2 Tuxing which are basicly Yong Hengs and got the same 3-6 months out of them. I bought a Benjamin recharge and got 8 months out of it. It was $1300. A Yong Heng works good for an occasional shooter. It can't keep up with someone who wants to top off a tank every 2 days for a year. I shoot too much PCP for a Yong Heng.

A 12 volt portable is perfect becasue it "probably won't break / gets your gun to a full 300 bar / can be used anywhere / better air that a Yong Heng / Doesn't require a bucket of water or oil to use " 

4 months ago I was going to quit my airgun channel becasue of the compressor thing. I was done with PCP..."give me a bullet that fits in my pocket and shoots the same no matter what" I said. Forget airguns!!! Then I told AOA how I was quitting. Jared offered to loan me his 12v. I said thanks, but no. They went ahead and helped me get a $2000 Daystate compressor (it's on the boat to the USA now). 

...so I would say I'm an expert on PCP air and the B.S. involved with charging PCP guns. 

for me at least, an every day shooter. this 12v compressor is the best choice. Also it would be good for new PCP shooters because it's affordable and simple to use. 

I have no special knowledge about this compressor, but in the world of imports factories will make special mods, use better components, or exercise better quality control at the behest (and $$$) of the buyer. I've no knowledge if that's the case here, but it could well be that the TT badged unit is "better" (spec or quality control) than the other units, even if they come from the same factory. I did a study of this about a decade ago around small bandsaws and there were (at least) 11 brand names being produced by the same factory. From the outside they looked mostly the same, but there were actually quite a few distinctions, and the "Jet" was quite a bit better, justifying its significant price difference, even coming out the same door.

They say you can't judge a book by its cover...

GsT

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I have no special knowledge about this compressor, but in the world of imports factories will make special mods, use better components, or exercise better quality control at the behest (and $$$) of the buyer. I've no knowledge if that's the case here, but it could well be that the TT badged unit is "better" (spec or quality control) than the other units, even if they come from the same factory. I did a study of this about a decade ago around small bandsaws and there were (at least) 11 brand names being produced by the same factory. From the outside they looked mostly the same, but there were actually quite a few distinctions, and the "Jet" was quite a bit better, justifying its significant price difference, even coming out the same door.

They say you can't judge a book by its cover...

GsT

Yes originating from the same factory doesn't imply that the components/processes/ingredients/etc. are the same for all the production of the factory. Changing a process is also often related to the quantity ordered since changes means adding production cost. Usually there are also visible differences to help the consumer distinguish between the different quality levels otherwise the higher quality products suffer of the similarities with the cheaper ones. However for a given product, especially for one that can need service/parts, the level of support offered by the importer can justify buying from a particular company. If you buy directly from Aliexpress you know that you'll get parts with weeks of delays, random shipping costs and even if the product has a warranty you'll have to do the service yourself.