• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Talon Tunes - Misunderstanding

Service is the 1 place where you as a little guy can play with the big boys, and even win.
So i have always wondered why there are so little focus on that in just about anything, but the focus seem to be who can bring the better initial deal.

I prefer to buy local at least with expensive things, but something like a fresh supply of slugs i will also pay a little more for and get locally, to support the local scene as after all airgun shops here are as small as the country is in general,,,,, what i lovingly call a fly dropping on the map.

I do understand if you are a 1 man show it must be hard to find time for it all, not least if you also have a daytime job to deal with like many a small internet shop have.

Reactions: jayr
Been trying to purchase parts from Tony @ Talon Tunes but he ignores emails. Two separate emails and no response after a week. I'll buy from Krale from now on. They're $400 cheaper on the same gun I bought from Tony but I thought I'd support a US sell and have good service. I was wrong.
Yeah same here. I think if you are willing to drop $2000+ on a gun you can get some attention. I have purchased his parts over the years and TT was never willing to provide any replies to my questions - so I stopped. FWIW a couple were not to spec (heavy hammers weigh in at 87 g not advertised 95 g).

I know with small operations and one man businesses it may will be that he loses money if he answers questions about small products just because his time is limited. I had a friend who wrote software for the Apple Store and he said he couldn’t make any money because of all of the time he spent answering people’s questions… the app was a buck or two so the minute he spent even 5 min answering a tech question after a sale, the transaction was essentially a loss. If the app sold for $100 a pop, it’s a different deal obviously.

Horrible business scenario and he gave up.

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
My apologies to Tony for starting a S storm over nothing. My emails went to his spam folder. Maybe because of my VPN.
@heavy-impact I’ve read mixed reviews of members’ experiences in dealing with him. Thank you for letting us know what occurred after you got to the bottom of the issue and publicly apologizing. I wonder how many other members experienced something similar unbeknownst to them.

@heavy-impact I’ve read mixed reviews of members’ experiences in dealing with him. Thank you for letting us know what occurred after you got to the bottom of the issue and publicly apologizing. I wonder how many other members experienced something similar unbeknownst to them.
I didn't think of it at first because I've emailed him before with no problem but my VPN does rotate IP addresses so that's probably the cause.

I use a VPN,,,,, as that is needed as a consequence of what we have allowed out elected people to do, i do wish that was not needed but sadly it is.
And it do create some problems, the Danish public broadcast company ( DR ) i cant even access if i choose a Danish VPN server.
Hopefully this nasty institution will soon be privatized CUZ it is no good at all.

Regarding the Spam folder the i must say that i look there every time i check my mail, and this is in spite of the fact that on average i only get like 2 mails a day,,,,, and that is including spam.
I understand many people get way more mail,,,,,, how they manage to do that i am not really sure, even the gmail i recently shut down, which i had since google hit the map, well it too did not see much activity of any kind.

Youtube are also a pain if you are a VPN user, at least as far as if you do not want to send pictures of identification papers to them or give them your phone number, so google see me as a infant, though i am old enough to be a grandfather.
So i can not be using say a German VPN and log into ANY of my youtube accounts, that is instantly takes as a hacking attempt, even if i curated that Youtube account while i was using a German VPN server.
They want my phone number at least to send a verification code to,,,,,, they say, i know they want my phone number as they want all other information on me.

This site,,,,, well the old one, also banned me one day for temporarily changing to Portuguese servers to verify a shop down there would ship to the US,,,,,, so i was out for several days before my rights was reinstated.

I do understand a lot of evil are also done via VPN,,,,, but really just kicking me off like that i think is a bit harsh.
If my account here was hacked, and i suddenly posted a lot of WTF,,,, or more WTF :) then it would be OK to kill my account, and i would not mind i would just create a new one.
Just like i would if my youtube got hacked, cuz you see i dont have anything there i would miss, as i am not sucking on the google tit, the big channels that make money and lots of content, sure 2 part authentication are probably a good idea, but a small pea channel like mine,,,, not needed ever.

Tony seem nice, but he is in the US and so generally are not a option for me to use as a result of very high handling fees - import taxes and not least the 25% sales tax.
At Krale for instance the Sale tax are only 19%, and in EU you pay the local sales tax, and it can even be cheaper than 19% in other countries.