• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how fast I can expect a 20 cal talon ss tuned for as much power as possible while maintaining efficiency. You guys know what I'm talking about a good balanced tune. I recently bought a 20 cal 12in barrel and I'm looking for a used talon ss or if there's not enough power I might get a talon p and use the ring lock to restrict the transfer port. I'm just hoping to get about 800fps on a 13g pellet or something like that. Thanks guys. 

You can also try the new jsb heavys 15.9 .in . ,20 cal . I have a 18" .20 cal bbl I drop in my Talondor ..25. The accuracy from my bbl start dropping off past 925 fps. Nice gun to hotrod. They are money pits. Don't ask me how I know. Like a small block chevy. Made to tinker.
20200511_100149_HDR.1602562451.jpg

I have aTalonP in .20. 15.9g JSBs at 850 average for 50 shots. 12" barrel, 1/8 dia ring lock, pw at 8. Very good accuracy. If You want a .20 cal powerhouse order some Samyang pellets from Krale, they are 27.3g, use the next size up ring lock (.140 I believe) pw at 4. 

I really like this gin. You can play and tinker with it all day long and not have to worry about screwing up a gun that cost you 2k.

With the .177 barrel, the .07 ring lock and the pw at 2 you can shoot for days at 575/600 fps

Reactions: Struckat
i got the full sized condor in .25 cal and cant seem to slow this beast down and be consistent shot to shot. I have the ring lock kit and put in the .166" cap. fill to 2400 psi and power slider at 2 and wheel at 8. slinging a 29.2 grain NOE cast pellet and still in the mid 900's. even my 37 grain slugs are decent but speeds don't want to stay stable low 800 to 1000 fps on power wheel 3. same fill pressure.

i got the full sized condor in .25 cal and cant seem to slow this beast down and be consistent shot to shot. I have the ring lock kit and put in the .166" cap. fill to 2400 psi and power slider at 2 and wheel at 8. slinging a 29.2 grain NOE cast pellet and still in the mid 900's. even my 37 grain slugs are decent but speeds don't want to stay stable low 800 to 1000 fps on power wheel 3. same fill pressure.

I would suggest you try Tony's shims. I fine more consistent then orings as they go bad with use. You can even sand to fine tune.
Screenshot_20201013-122507.1602606618.png

How fast do the 27.3g fly Mike? That sounds amazing. Over powered is under rated 🤠

I was just playing around one day and stepped up the ring loc size and lowered the PW setting. Popped in a few of the samyang pellets. They were in the 825 range but I wasn't looking to tune this for this pellet. I really think you could get 900 fps with a very good shot count easily.

Pellets were cheap at Krale but shipping started at 35 bucks or so. I can't find them anywhere else and they don't always have them.

I would suggest you try Tony's shims. I fine more consistent then orings as they go bad with use. You can even sand to fine tune.
Screenshot_20201013-122507.1602606618.png

Skip the shims, go straight to the custom tophat, and right to the small orifice. On my Condor SS de-tuning to ~650fps resulted in best accuracy and shot count while maintaining plenty of power for the starlings I was pesting at the time. (Oh, and starlings are tough! Whacking one with a pellet from my pump Benji to little effect is what got me started in PCP...)

GsT

I'm getting closer. I found some rubber washers that look identical to the talon tunes ones. I tried multiple different things today. I'm either over my speed target or under by 100 fps. My goal is 880 average. I had tried three different size topnat. The .232" , .166" , & .145" . I think I have the .145" in currently, before I ran out of proper light for my prochrono. I was filling to 26 - 2700 psi. Power wheel was all over the map looking for stable spot. I had found some nylon washers that were a decent fit with a bit of sanding. One wasn't enough, two was too much. They were .133" thick. Then I tried one washer with one of the extra orings from the top hat kit below the washer. That was too much and have about 820 fps maxed at 12. Washer alone wasn't consistent enough. Oring on its own wasn't enough, was too hot still.

so tomorrow with any luck the rubber one I made up will work out. Accuracy comes and goes. Oh and I had to tear the condor down for the first time. Some sticker that claims it's a spring silencer had shifted into the power wheel slide opening. I figured that was what was causing the inconsistency, but just relocated back lower on the spring. Can't see how such a small thing would cause hammer spring binding. First I've seen anything like this on the condors. Just be something new.

Well it took some work but got it running a 860 fps average. Could probably sand some more off the washer to get my 880 target I was hoping for. I'm running the .145" tophat pw 10.

I have noticed the past few times I've gone to pick up the condor after sitting over night that it's losing air. Got to figure that out. This things is brand new and shouldn't be looking any air.

Well it took some work but got it running a 860 fps average. Could probably sand some more off the washer to get my 880 target I was hoping for. I'm running the .145" tophat pw 10.

20200403_152523_HDR.1602905738.jpg
I have noticed the past few times I've gone to pick up the condor after sitting over night that it's losing air. Got to figure that out. This things is brand new and shouldn't be looking any air.

If its leaking from bbl this may be the cause.
20200403_153950.1602905411.jpg
Resized_20200125_103053.1602905524.jpg