Talon SS 2009 Upgrade

Dog

Jul 22, 2023
Moved!
I finally made the move after ordering the drop down adapter from Talon Tunes.

The threaded tank sleeve came right out after both 3/16 DOG POINT set screws removed. I punched and drilled sleeve, at new position, to allow set screws to fully seat or cross nut would not fit back in.

Getting the never removed tank valve off was a snot slinging embarrassment where I had to use 14” pipe wrench directly onto the 1-3/4” collar. No tapping the collar’s threaded bolt worked. Inspecting the valve tank threads appeared to have either thread compound or corrosion, both? Cleaning and an old tube of Dow 111 made it all happy. The collar is now $10 bucks on Amazon.

No leaks, however the gauge is 250 psi off. I have a call into Tony for a gauge swap. The gauge is my most wanted feature to help with shot strings. The valve “click” method was ok but really wanted a gauge!
I never really had issues with hold, with low scope mounts, but the drop feature is really something Air Force could offer?

Talon Drop 2.3.jpg
SS-Talon Trigger.jpg
I included my old TAG exploded views from the Spanish air gun site. Odd that Airforce does not post these for the older air guns?

View attachment AirForce_Exploded_View_.pdf

Most all gauges are going to be off a bit. How do you know it's off? Unless you have a really high quality calibrated gauge? I have a bunch of pcps and honestly I don't know which ones are on point or not. Just tune it to what works and use the gauge only as a point of reference relative to whichever gun it belongs to...

Glad you got it fitted 👍

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Most all gauges are going to be off a bit. How do you know it's off? Unless you have a really high quality calibrated gauge? I have a bunch of pcps and honestly I don't know which ones are on point or not. Just tune it to what works and use the gauge only as a point of reference relative to whichever gun it belongs to...

Glad you got it fitted 👍
Because I have a high quality 4" SPAN gauge that I check ALL my pumps and rifles. Yep, 50 or so psi from China not a big deal however my Gauntlet, and both of my Chinese pumps are smack on! No blown pop off disks here. If you want to chance overfilling your SS by 250 psi, go ahead ;).