Talon P vrs Talon SS

So I am new here and will be posting to see if anyone responds to this question. I am looking to get into the Airforce line, but stuck on the fence as to which line to pursue..Talon P or Talon SS.....Key requirement is how quiet can you get it.. I have seen all they YouTUBE vidoes, researched all the Moderators and shrouds and tuning you can do.. and now I am looking to make the purchase, but I would like to hear from the group first..I want to hear real hands on experiences.. I am looking for pest control and target shooting. Plan on filling will SCUBA. I like to tinker with the guns, so it will get some other mods.. my real question should be which is more quiet with mods Talson SS w sound lock + DonnyFL Sumo or Talon P with same combo or the Talon tunes gen 6 Moderator and what mods and LDC are recommended to make a complete silent package ... I have a DonnyFL Ronin on Crosman and the quality and performance of the shroud is great.Any and all responses would be appreciated...

Aac9888, i have the Talon p with a an R&l shroud and it work very well with the p. In regards to the P and Talon ss. Go with the p and a talon tunes qcth .Get the best of both worlds. Go from mild to wild. Talon ss will max approx 30 fpe. I run my ss @ 22 fpe .For 40 shots. The P is the go to gun. Tony shroud is very good also. Both are nice guns. Cant go wrong.

The Talon P in stock form is very powerful .25 cal @ 50+ ft.lbs of energy but sounds like a cannon going off when shot. It has the larger valve in the tank like a Condor or Condor SS

The Talon has the Micro Meter valve and is not as powerful but is good for lighter pellets. All Airforce Airguns

will benefit from an add on moderator because they are loud. I own a Condor SS and a Talon P and an Edge

they are all very good and accurate guns and even better once you fix the sound problem.

I can't help too much on the specific combos you describe other than this...

A Talon P (only comes stock in .25) quite literally is a Talon (not SS) frame with a 12 inch barrel and smaller tank and the SS endcap. It's going to top the sound charts for a .25. The SS with a 12 inch barrel will start with the advantage (soundwise) of having the extra length on the frame and any inserts to bring the sound down, but you're also starting with a much larger tank. Either way, 'silent' is going to make for a longer rifle so maybe start with a choice on tank size and caliber (if .25 isn't already your goal). The tank valve on the .25's is larger than those on the .177/.22, thus pushing more air, thus louder so harder to overcome on the muzzle end.... 

AF parts are (almost) all interchangeable. Barrels, tanks ect so your purchase choice should include some consideration on buying and swapping the fewest parts. Barrels and tanks add up fast. It's been a few years but I had all multiples of all the combos except the Texan models.