Tally to date, chippers and tree rats.

This has been the slowest start for pesting I have had in over 6 years.

Tree rats still at 5 and don't expect to even see any chipmunks until at least mid April.

Oh well... Maybe I am a victim of my success. (chuckle)

I won't post here again until make a kill. The "mild" heart attack I had a few weeks back has slowed me down some, but I am still looking for pesting shots for the first 2 hours after daylight and several times after that during the day. Up to total darkness.

One thing the heart attack seems to have affected is my typing and memory... (heavy sigh)

If you could see how many times I have to make corrections while typing you would understand... or maybe not... (chuckle)

All my best!

Kerry

My year started out slow but then they started coming in at a regular pace, I'm now up to sixteen so far for the year.
Thanks for the reply!

I am up to 9 now. I got one a few days ago and had one in my front yard today, where I can't shoot. But while I was waiting for that one in the front yard, I decided to look in my backyard and there were 2 more.

Unfortunately, by the time I got set up with the Fortitude, I only had a shot at one of them. Head shot just behind the eye on the right side. DRT from about ~22 yards in a tree about ~35 feet up.

The other one ran away, so I went back to doing my taxes until I heard a lot of birds (Grackles and Bluejays) cawing and making a racket. When I looked out the "sniper window" there was a TR on the fence, but not a safe shot. I set up with the Fortitude again and waited until the TR went to ground and took the shot thru 2 layers of chain link fencing.

Heart shot, just behind the shoulder. DRT. About ~17-18 yards.

Made me feel good to know that I can still make precision shots and take them down humanely.

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

I have seen some Chipmunk activity at my 89-96 yard access, but haven't been able to try any shots for a HUGE variety of reasons which I can't talk about on AGN as they will be deemed political.

Reactions: rhbrink
Tally is up to 10 tree rats. Last one was at ~22 yards. Head shot DRT.

If I had more opportunities, the tally would be much higher, but I simply don't see any tree rats, let alone any where I can shoot them.

Also, the chipmunks haven't started to show up in my yard or anywhere I can shoot them.

Hopefully, that will all change soon as I am getting really bored just checking zero, etc... (smile)

BTW, zero is good and MOA is sub out to 93 yards with the .177 Akela.

The .177 Fortitude is only sub MOA out to about 30 yards, but I am working on that... (grin)

All my best!

Kerry

Last edited: