• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Talk some sense into me!

Please tell me I don't need a .177 PCP. 😅 And also tell me the one I don't want if I wanted to throw some slugs through it.

Happy Friday y'all!
Dude…I’m the wrong guy to talk to about such things. I currently have a major chub for a Brocock Sahara in 177 that I’ll set-up for ratting…with the hope that I can find a ratting permission!

Makes perfect sense to me!

Justin

Reactions: 450BM and tywynn
Please tell me I don't need a .177 PCP.
This premise is as alien to me as a smartphone to a caveman.

new gun.jpg

Please tell me I don't need a .177 PCP. 😅 And also tell me the one I don't want if I wanted to throw some slugs through it.

Happy Friday y'all!
Many members love them for lots of valid, sound reasons, they do nothing for me, in fact, the .22 is only represented by one, in my collection, guess five .25s and three .30s shows where my heart is. To each his own, have a great weekend. WM

Reactions: 450BM
also tell me the one I don't want if I wanted to throw some slugs through it.

I have waffled between wanting a high power .177 slug gun for a few years now. I always end up settling on the opinion that there's just not enough market support for .177 slug shooting. ZAN changed that a bit as it seems that they shot good in the guns that NSA didn't. Maybe the FX Halo ammo will change things, but .177 just never seemed ideal for slugs. I say this as a huge .177 fanboy!

Reactions: tywynn
I have waffled between wanting a high power .177 slug gun for a few years now. I always end up settling on the opinion that there's just not enough market support for .177 slug shooting. ZAN changed that a bit as it seems that they shot good in the guns that NSA didn't. Maybe the FX Halo ammo will change things, but .177 just never seemed ideal for slugs. I say this as a huge .177 fanboy!
A 20+ fpe .177 is a hoot. My Stoeger Bullshark loves 10.3 Knockouts. It shoots them close to 1000 fps and expansion is great. A tin of 500 from Trenier is less than some name brand pellets too.

Reactions: tywynn and UCChris

Happy Friday y'all!
Hello @tywynn

No question about it, one new .177 cal is surely not enough, try starting with two :rolleyes:

ThomasT

I’m a guy who bought an airgun specifically for shooting spiders. How dumb is that? I’m the wrong guy to ask that question for the most part. But I have no problem trying to talk a guy out of buying a junker.
A spider gun?! Why didn't I think of that. My wife hates spiders...she may buy off on the spider gun thing...

Justin

Well i cant help you, CUZ i am locked to .177 as politicians here have absolutely no trust in me being able to handle a larger caliber.
And so in a exchange of mutual no confidence, i can of course not have any trust in them handling my country, a much larger and volatile and costly entity.
And so i can not participate in the democratic process, and i must make do shooting my .177, and my country as many others slowly decline even if it did not have to do that.

If i could ( easy & cheap ) i would shoot .22 and .25

• Haha
Reactions: tywynn
You don’t need a .177 PCP. For example, I purchased a Sub12fpe .177 Daystate Revere. For one, they are expensive, beautiful, extremely quiet, and just as accurate & deadly. It’s POI is always spot in and never has drifted on me yet. Worse of all, it can actually shoot some slugs very well. Yet a couple more reasons why not to buy one: the darn thing is super easy to hand pump, gets 140 very consistent shots on the reg & will likely lead you to buy a few more .177 PCPs

If serious slug slinging is what you are after, I would look at a couple guns that you definitely don’t need to buy. Mind you, I have 0 experience with these, but based on some preliminary research, they may be worthy of looking further into. The Daystate Ghost, RTI Prophet, and the Airforce Condor. That RTI is listed as putting out a whopping 37fpe in .177! Another one to look at, although they don’t come by often, the Daystate Pulsar HP.