talk me out of selling my notos....

to preface,

bought my notos in February of this year,
sort-of as a niche gun for times my impact would blow through the silo/barn roofs.

wasnt completely happy with it out of the box, the factory mag seemed to not group well,
so i snagged a carm mag,
made a world of difference in accuracy.

so i made the trigger nice,
adjusted the hammer spring to really flatten the shot string
(24 shots,749fps with 16gn fx pellets +- 2fps)

if you are a penny at 35yds you are in serious peril.
and at 50yds it will do better than an inch on a windless day.

so why would i want to sell it right?

not sure lol

after getting it setup i took 60+ hosps and starlings with it,
but now it just sits in the case.

when i go to my permissions i never seem to take it,
and my impact is too powerful for shooting in my yard,
so at home i shoot my sig virtus .22 semi and sig m17 pistol. (too much fun)

poor notos girl just sits in her case lol

Notos sounds like more precision than fun compared to those couple of Sigs at least.

There seems to be that gap in the airgun world where it's either for work or for fun, obviously a little overlap but I mean the Sig Virtus is like 7+ ft/lbs less than your tuned Notos. Sure it could do some light pesting but with it being Semi it eats air and isn't as powerful for a similar size / weight of the Notos.

I think it is a good idea to have dedicated tools for the job.

Long range/ power? Fx
Short range, med power + precision? Notos
Fun? Sigs

Idk about you but my rule is the arsenal only grows. Lol

But you mentioned you don't bring it to the pesting site anymore. Is there something you bring instead? Or you just don't go?

If you put that much work into it, why not try and use it?
Make it a thing to take it everywhere your impact goes. Make it a thing to pull it out and shoot it at every permission, even if it’s just to kill some down time between kills.
If then, you’re still not feeling it, sell it.
Me personally, I’m an instant gratification guy, I buy a gun, scope it and shoot before doing anything. If it doesn’t wow me somehow, or doesn’t fit me right, I sell it instantly. Some have said to give it s chance, but in my world, where I don’t have much for disposable income, if something isn’t right out of the box, and it means I have to add time and money into it to make me like it, it’s not worth it to me.

i appreciate all the replies my brothers (y)

i guess what i meant was,
i just dont find myself selecting to take it with me to my permissions,
my closest shots at the dairy farm that i frequent the most are always farther than 35yds,
so my impact always goes.

ill probably sell it lol

Notos sounds like more precision than fun compared to those couple of Sigs at least.

There seems to be that gap in the airgun world where it's either for work or for fun, obviously a little overlap but I mean the Sig Virtus is like 7+ ft/lbs less than your tuned Notos. Sure it could do some light pesting but with it being Semi it eats air and isn't as powerful for a similar size / weight of the Notos.

I think it is a good idea to have dedicated tools for the job.

Long range/ power? Fx
Short range, med power + precision? Notos
Fun? Sigs

Idk about you but my rule is the arsenal only grows. Lol

But you mentioned you don't bring it to the pesting site anymore. Is there something you bring instead? Or you just don't go?

i just always take my impact,
its what i have setup to scopecam.

maybe i need a panthera compact? hahaha

i appreciate all the replies my brothers (y)

i guess what i meant was,
i just dont find myself selecting to take it with me to my permissions,
my closest shots at the dairy farm that i frequent the most are always farther than 35yds,
so my impact always goes.

ill probably sell it lol

i just always take my impact,
its what i have setup to scopecam.

maybe i need a panthera compact? hahaha
Awww I see! If I had a scopecam setup; that would be my go to. Maybe you need another cam setup on the notos 🥴🤣

Reactions: lsi45
Well could've made it known before we all got ours lol. Mine arrives today. I think for a barn gun it should be perfect. But again my uses for it will be under 25yds maybe 30yds max. I understand the further shots though. Most my shots outside the barn are 50yds plus. Hence the Evol. I will say though 800fps with 25gr is still ALOT of power and will likely go through tin. Would probably need to turn it down quite a bit more than that. At least with my experience.

Well could've made it known before we all got ours lol. Mine arrives today. I think for a barn gun it should be perfect. But again my uses for it will be under 25yds maybe 30yds max. I understand the further shots though. Most my shots outside the barn are 50yds plus. Hence the Evol. I will say though 800fps with 25gr is still ALOT of power and will likely go through tin. Would probably need to turn it down quite a bit more than that. At least with my experience.

lol sorry brother.

for the max range youll be using it,
it should be a laserbeam :cool:
i know mine is.

get yourself a carm mag or 2,
they make it even better.

i will offer you an accuracy tip,
if you remove the screw at the back of the rail and slide the rail/barrel off,
youll see how the back of the silencer has a step down that slip fits into the rail/shroud,
mine had a little bit of wiggle,
so i gave it a few wraps of teflon tape to snug up the fit,
it got rid of the flyers i was getting.

plus,
turn in the trigger screw till the first stage wont reset on its own,
then back it out till it resets and youve got a sweet trigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: jemkewl
I will say though 800fps with 25gr is still ALOT of power and will likely go through tin. Would probably need to turn it down quite a bit more than that. At least with my experience.

my first fx was a dreamlite bottle running 25gn kings at 900 and it wouldnt go through the silos.

so i figure 800-850 would be enough thump without punching through the metal
(bossman said its ok if i dent it)

and the shots on the silos are usually 60+ yards,
so less energy when it gets there.

my first fx was a dreamlite bottle running 25gn kings at 900 and it wouldnt go through the silos.

so i figure 800-850 would be enough thump without punching through the metal
(bossman said its ok if i dent it)

and the shots on the silos are usually 60+ yards,
so less energy when it gets there.
Lol our tin is old though so maybe that's why! Glad for you it still is OK though.

lol sorry brother.

for the max range youll be using it,
it should be a laserbeam :cool:
i know mine is.

get yourself a carm mag or 2,
they make it even better.

i will offer you an accuracy tip,
if you remove the screw at the back of the rail and slide the rail/barrel off,
youll see how the back of the silencer has a step down that slip fits into the rail/shroud,
mine had a little bit of wiggle,
so i gave it a few wraps of teflon tape to snug up the fit,
it got rid of the flyers i was getting.

plus,
turn in the trigger screw till the first stage wont reset on its own,
then back it out till it resets and youve got a sweet trigger.
Good to know on the barrel fitment. I will check that out right away. And also the trigger tip. I'll probably grab a mag or 2 also as I'm probably gonna get one or 2 for my evol also.