Take your FX Impact to the Next LEVEL!! BC Customs strikes again!!

It interesting that your poi shifted to the left. Mine shifted to the right but only about a half inch at 50 yards. I talked to Dale at varmint Knockers and he said he noticed a shift to the right on tensioned barrels although not specifically the bullet central ones but they all work the same. 6 inches at 50 yards seems like a lot. How much tension are you putting on it? What do you mean by indexing the the carbon sleeve?
turning the liner itself index it you will see the poi shift, lotta posts on it, i do it with all my liners right off the bat, making sure to keep my poi verticle zero left or right

Last edited:
Got my tensioner. With the tensioner, Saber Tactical top rail, carbon liner sleeve (with a wrap of electrical tape over the carbon to make it extra snug), this thing is SOLID.

I did have to spend some time in Fusion 360 drawing a new barrel clamp for the Saber Tactical top rail as the Bullet Central tensioner shroud is a fair bit smaller in diameter than the factory fx shroud. 3d printed a few prototypes on got it dialed.

There is no other setup that is more solid.

Couldn't find the tungsten hammer on the website and missed that there was a link in this thread.. so I didn't get one unfortunately. Don't wanna pay shipping again though (things get tight this time of year. Kids birthdays and holidays)
PXL_20221022_021437972.jpg
PXL_20221018_022021465.jpg

Got my tensioner. With the tensioner, Saber Tactical top rail, carbon liner sleeve (with a wrap of electrical tape over the carbon to make it extra snug), this thing is SOLID.

I did have to spend some time in Fusion 360 drawing a new barrel clamp for the Saber Tactical top rail as the Bullet Central tensioner shroud is a fair bit smaller in diameter than the factory fx shroud. 3d printed a few prototypes on got it dialed.

There is no other setup that is more solid.

Couldn't find the tungsten hammer on the website and missed that there was a link in this thread.. so I didn't get one unfortunately. Don't wanna pay shipping again though (things get tight this time of year. Kids birthdays and holidays)
View attachment 300012
View attachment 300013
How much electrical tape did you put on the liner sleeve to get it tight? Do you have any pictures of the wrap I think I’ll try that.

How much electrical tape did you put on the liner sleeve to get it tight? Do you have any pictures of the wrap I think I’ll try that.
Don't bother lol. You'll lose your mind trying to stretch the tape thin enough for one layer to fit tight. Not worth it.

I feel the tensioner is only worth so much if the barrel liner is only so tight... But it's hard to get the liner properly supported.

I think the best product a vendor hasn't brought to market... Is a real barrel.. that is thick and unchoked.... With a proper twist rate... That doesn't require tensioning.

Bullet Central is a great company. Maybe they will hear my cry.

We don't need some black magic and promises. The fx crowd wants a legitimate barrel. Not some half baked solution to make fx's goof ball liner better. Just make us a $500 barrel that gets the job done.

I'm not saying the BC shroud and tensioner isn't a good product... But it's not the solution we desire.

Last edited:
Don't bother lol. You'll lose your mind trying to stretch the tape thin enough for one layer to fit tight. Not worth it.

I feel the tensioner is only worth so much if the barrel liner is only so tight... But it's hard to get the liner properly support.

I think the best product a vendor hasn't brought to market... Is a real barrel.. that is thick and uncooked.... With a proper.twist rate... That doesn't require tensioning.

Bullet Central is a greta company. Maybe they will hear my.cry.

We don't need some.black magic and promises. The fx crowd wants a legitimate barrel. Not some half baked solution to make fx's goof ball liner better. Just make us a $500 barrel that gets the job done.

I'm not saying the BC shroud and tensioner isn't a good product... But it's not the solution we desire.
I’m with you I’d take a standard thickness barrel instead of the 5 layer barrel thing going on. I get they were trying to make it modular and stuff but I don’t think it really solves any problems. Sure it’s modular but you still have to spend $100+ For a new liner and $400 to change caliber. A standard barrel would likely cost the same. The worst part is you pretty much have to use their barrels/liners. My gun still shoots great so it’s hard to complain too much just not the way I would have designed things.

I got my 600mm shroud and tensioner kit installed yesterday on my Maverick. SUPER easy install. My POI took a big shift to the left, which I was expecting so no big deal. Didn't get a chance to shoot too much yesterday, but did shoot a couple groups after adjusting my scope. Looks like accuracy may have improved, but need to do some more testing. Overall very happy with the kit as a whole. Jury is still out on holding consistent POI, we'll see as time moves on.

20221028_084105.jpg

20221028_084031.jpg

I’m with you I’d take a standard thickness barrel instead of the 5 layer barrel thing going on. I get they were trying to make it modular and stuff but I don’t think it really solves any problems. Sure it’s modular but you still have to spend $100+ For a new liner and $400 to change caliber. A standard barrel would likely cost the same. The worst part is you pretty much have to use their barrels/liners. My gun still shoots great so it’s hard to complain too much just not the way I would have designed things.

I'm still considering taking a .25 auto barrel and lathing down the OD to match the OD of the sleeve that the liner slides into. Then machining the ends so it couples to everything out back and front. That with the tensioner would be SWEET

I got my 600mm shroud and tensioner kit installed yesterday on my Maverick. SUPER easy install. My POI took a big shift to the left, which I was expecting so no big deal. Didn't get a chance to shoot too much yesterday, but did shoot a couple groups after adjusting my scope. Looks like accuracy may have improved, but need to do some more testing. Overall very happy with the kit as a whole. Jury is still out on holding consistent POI, we'll see as time moves on.

View attachment 300877

View attachment 300878
hows the sound

Well I was doing some more shooting with my Maverick today and made another discovery with the tensioner/shroud kit, 100% proof that the barrel is much stiffer now with it installed.

I have the cheap, black, clamp-on chronograph made in china which actually works very well. Before the tensioner kit install my POI would drop about 3" low and a little left at 30 yards when the chrono was clamped onto the end of my moderator. The chrono is extremely light, but it still had an effect on POI (FYI that's with the FX carbon fiber liner sleeve installed). Because of that I never shot groups when testing velocity, I always separated the two.

Today when checking my velocity I figured I'd shoot at paper and check the POI just to see if there was any difference with the tensioner/carbon shroud installed. To my surprise there was ZERO drop! The POI didn't move a fraction of an inch with the chrono mounted, now I can don't have to "waste" pellets when testing velocity, I can multitask and shoot targets at the same time!

I was really close to buying the FX chrono for that specific reason, now I think I'll hold off on that purchase. Seeing that result today really was proof that the kit is doing it's job. Accuracy was also fantastic, but honestly it was shooting excellent groups before the install. Very happy with the tensioner and carbon fiber shroud, thank you for making a killer piece of kit!

Well I was doing some more shooting with my Maverick today and made another discovery with the tensioner/shroud kit, 100% proof that the barrel is much stiffer now with it installed.

I have the cheap, black, clamp-on chronograph made in china which actually works very well. Before the tensioner kit install my POI would drop about 3" low and a little left at 30 yards when the chrono was clamped onto the end of my moderator. The chrono is extremely light, but it still had an effect on POI (FYI that's with the FX carbon fiber liner sleeve installed). Because of that I never shot groups when testing velocity, I always separated the two.

Today when checking my velocity I figured I'd shoot at paper and check the POI just to see if there was any difference with the tensioner/carbon shroud installed. To my surprise there was ZERO drop! The POI didn't move a fraction of an inch with the chrono mounted, now I can don't have to "waste" pellets when testing velocity, I can multitask and shoot targets at the same time!

I was really close to buying the FX chrono for that specific reason, now I think I'll hold off on that purchase. Seeing that result today really was proof that the kit is doing it's job. Accuracy was also fantastic, but honestly it was shooting excellent groups before the install. Very happy with the tensioner and carbon fiber shroud, thank you for making a killer piece of kit!
Glad you like the unit! Show us some groups as well!