Take your FX Impact to the Next LEVEL!! BC Customs strikes again!!

Yes it does vent back into the shroud.

Sorry to hear about the rifle not fitting in the case anymore. The shroud will add a few inches to the length of the overall rifle. Though you can easily remove it for transport as well, then install in the field.
Its not a big deal just something that I did not consider when I bought it. I can just put the moderator off and on or I might get a smaller moderator since the air stripper should be helping with keeping the sound level down and it was quiet to start with.

Reactions: BulletCentral
Its not a big deal just something that I did not consider when I bought it. I can just put the moderator off and on or I might get a smaller moderator since the air stripper should be helping with keeping the sound level down and it was quiet to start with.
So I took my first shots with the new shroud and so far it seems like the accuracy improved significantly. My groups were ok before but with the tensioned barrel there was basically only one hole. I had to stop shooting and walk to the target to make sure I wasn’t missing altogether. It was definitely a multiple shots. The POI did shift to the right about an inch but I expected a small shift when changing the barrel tension. I am shooting H&N lead free green baracuda 19.91 gr which aren’t known as the most accurate so I am really happy this helped get the accuracy I was looking for out of these pellets i am going to try a carbon liner sleeve to stiffen things up a little more. I know shooting lead free is a challenge but I’m trying to stay 100% lead free which is one of the reasons I am so interested in airguns to keep everything super clean although I still love my powder burners.

As far as noise level I only took about 10 shots but the noise level did seem to be a bit louder than the stock shroud. I’m kind of rethinking my idea of going to a shorter moderator. I’ll have to do some more testing to see if it’s really louder or it was just me thinking about it more. Over all I am really happy with the tensioner and shroud. Accuracy is improved barrel is much stiffer and it looks amazing. Thanks bullet central.

• Love
Reactions: BulletCentral
Yes it does vent back into the shroud.

Sorry to hear about the rifle not fitting in the case anymore. The shroud will add a few inches to the length of the overall rifle. Though you can easily remove it for transport as well, then install in the field.
so does all the models shrouds your making add few inches 500mm to 700-800mm why is that

So I took my first shots with the new shroud and so far it seems like the accuracy improved significantly. My groups were ok before but with the tensioned barrel there was basically only one hole. I had to stop shooting and walk to the target to make sure I wasn’t missing altogether. It was definitely a multiple shots. The POI did shift to the right about an inch but I expected a small shift when changing the barrel tension. I am shooting H&N lead free green baracuda 19.91 gr which aren’t known as the most accurate so I am really happy this helped get the accuracy I was looking for out of these pellets i am going to try a carbon liner sleeve to stiffen things up a little more. I know shooting lead free is a challenge but I’m trying to stay 100% lead free which is one of the reasons I am so interested in airguns to keep everything super clean although I still love my powder burners.

As far as noise level I only took about 10 shots but the noise level did seem to be a bit louder than the stock shroud. I’m kind of rethinking my idea of going to a shorter moderator. I’ll have to do some more testing to see if it’s really louder or it was just me thinking about it more. Over all I am really happy with the tensioner and shroud. Accuracy is improved barrel is much stiffer and it looks amazing. Thanks bullet central.
try a huma mod 40 they really work well

so does all the models shrouds your making add few inches 500mm to 700-800mm why is that
Adding the barrel tensioning nut effectively adds a few (2?) inches to the overall assembly.
try a huma mod 40 they really work well
That was on my list of cans to look into.

Last edited:

Glad it is working out for you and you are seeing the positive results from it!

Yes the tensioner will ad an inch or so to the length of the rifle. Then if you add the shroud that will add roughly 3 inches to the length of the rifle. This is due to the addition of the longer air striper that is at the end of the shroud.

Yes the tensioner will ad an inch or so to the length of the rifle. Then if you add the shroud that will add roughly 3 inches to the length of the rifle. This is due to the addition of the longer air striper that is at the end of the shroud.
Why not make the smaller diameter tensioner tube very short and only go from the block to the back of the shroud and then have the airstripper also be the tensioner nut and the shroud be applying the tension? You could use less materials and allow for more volume in the shroud and have the overall assembly be shorter.

Why not make the smaller diameter tensioner tube very short and only go from the block to the back of the shroud and then have the airstripper also be the tensioner nut and the shroud be applying the tension? You could use less materials and allow for more volume in the shroud and have the overall assembly be shorter.
We use the smaller tube to create the tension along the entire length of the barrel. If we only use the Tensioner in a small section this will allow the barrel to flex and bend. The tension nut isn't that large, and fits inside the Tensioner as it is currently. The shroud end has the air stripper built in which is where the added length is coming from. We could make the air stripper shorter but you would then loose the effectiveness of the unit.

We use the smaller tube to create the tension along the entire length of the barrel. If we only use the Tensioner in a small section this will allow the barrel to flex and bend. The tension nut isn't that large, and fits inside the Tensioner as it is currently. The shroud end has the air stripper built in which is where the added length is coming from. We could make the air stripper shorter but you would then loose the effectiveness of the unit.
That makes sense. Thanks for the reply. Still really enjoy it was just curious about the design. I could see if the shroud was the tensioner the overall assembly would not be nearly as stiff and strong.

so is that air stripper make it very quiet or no as it adds 3 inchs compact sure will be more than a 600mm then a silencer

well looks like a great part but a 500mm becomes a 600mm plus a silencer your at 700mm

Was just on the BC site and didn't see the Crown options. Jut the Impacts and Maverick. How do I locate the Crown option?
jk
We are working on that option as we speak. Though you wont be able to use the Ultralight barrel kit, you need the 14mm outside diameter of the outer barrel for the system to work.

whats the difference between you 2 shrouds you offer i see one has a carbon liner in it that the only difference
The two kits that we offer are as such.... You will find that one is only the Tensioner and Tension Nut, while the other is the Tensioner as well as the Shroud. You can buy both parts individually if you would like, but we try and save you a little time and money by offering them both as a single kit.