Take your FX Impact to the Next LEVEL!! BC Customs strikes again!!

It has arrived. 😁

20220817_230212.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BulletCentral
Why do you companies Advertise things when they are not available and NOT IN STOCK... So many different companies including fx itself just bait you along. It's discusting and annoying. But the xxxxx will xxxxxx

MOD EDIT: REMOVED INSULTS. EARLY PROMOTIONS OF PRODUCTS CAN BE SEEN ACROSS ALL INDUSTRIES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiousity, will you be making a system to fit the .35 cal impact barrel? Those look nice.

Also, was there any testing involved to find the optimized weight for the tungsten hammers? Reason I ask is, I did extensive testing with my gun and my factory hammer and valve springs. I found anything over a total assembly weight of 29.5 to 30.5 grams lost a little power. While it was better than factory, it wasn't perfect. Also, big heads on the hammer weight reduce adjustability/tunability of the gun, specifically on the micro dial.

With the upgraded hammer and valve springs, I am still working on figuring out the optimum sizes and dimensions. However, Huma claims theirs to have 10% more power. If that 10% equates across the board, then a 33 gram weight assembly would be close to peak. I doubt it is that simple though.

I do like the effort companies and people are taking to address these issues though.

The ideal hammer weight design would allow full compression of the hammer spring, while allowing up to number 5 on the micro dial. At the same time, it would be tested to know it is the most efficient weight range for the given hammer spring. Just throwing one in there that is beefier isn't always better.

For instance, when I did my testing I found a 30.5 gram hammer would open the valve up to 165 bar and the peak velocities showed that. Beyond 165 bar the velocities dropped.

When I tried a 33 gram hammer, it lost velocity and could only open the valve at 150 bar or so. This showed the hammer weight was actually less efficient at that point and a beefier spring was needed.

There are other ways to get the ideal hammer weight while maintaining full function of the gun.

Designing the hammer itself out of a denser metal, a slightly longer skirt on the hammer, a tungsten insert etc. This is where all the manufacturers, including FX are lacking. It bugs me personally, when you have a numbering system on the micro dial, but you can't use the entire range. It isn't that hard to do, it just takes a little time and effort to do it right the first time.

Measured a few of the prototypes and we are sitting at 27mm right now

We do have a handful of Tensioned Shrouds out to people who are using them right now to give us feedback..... so they are out there. The tungsten hammers we do have in stock right now so you don't have to wait.

Bigragu..... the inside diameter of your part is 28mm? If so then the shroud should fit nicely under it, and look quite good as well.

Reactions: tibor
I am taking 1 and just 1 more thing to my FX Maverick, a .177 slug liner, and thats if, if thats not good enough for me, the Maverick will end its days as a glorified dust collector, or a gift to someone i care for.

I already have 2 hammer weights, though only brass, and both are almost too heavy to be of any use to me seeing as it is a .177 i have.

Reactions: BulletCentral
Out of curiousity,

Will a tensioner/shroud barrel design be made for the 800mm .357 at any point?
Yes I just measured up the thread dimensions that are needed for the tensioner and we are getting them made up now. The thread sizes are different on the .357 barrels and the threads for the shroud will be different as well to accommodate the larger Donny units.

Reactions: 7Green
Another question I have besides if there will be a .357 version is;

Are there any vented barrel bushing in between the shroud and the barrel liner to join the two and stiffen up the shroud?
Yes!

There is an air stripper built into the tension nut on the Tensioned Shroud unit, as well as the male 1/2x20 threads to accept your aftermarket shroud. If you buy just the Tensioner it will have male threads to accept any after market 1/2x20 shroud. The only bushing would be at the end of the shroud to close up the shroud tube.

View attachment 282364

An early version of the Crown that I have been playing with here in the shop. This particular Crown was set up with the light weight barrel. So I had to grab an M3 barrel kit for the correct diameter for the tension kit. Remember that you will need the 14mm outer diameter barrel for the system to work.

There is a fairly good sized gap between the two carbon tubes. It will secure on the threads on the retention nut with a built in air stripper. There are still the 1/2x20 threads to add an additional moderator as normal.
If you make one for my Crown MKII I will definitely buy it.