AirMaks Arms Take a look at this little critter getter!

Utah Airguns sent me this AirMaks Arms Krait Lite to test out!

F78D6EED-3976-433B-8388-7B17D3832875.jpeg

I haven’t owned a .17 in forever, so I had to dig through my pellet stash to find something to shoot. I found some 8.4g, 10.3g & 13.4g.

Out of the box 10.3g @ 880fps, 13.4g @ 775fps. The Huma regulator is doing a great job with quite a few “duplicate” readings.

It’s got a little bark, so I added a DFL FatBoy with a .17 insert to help quiet it down while keeping it as short as possible. 29” with the butt stock extended about 3/4”.

I haven’t had a chance to test it yet, but I will!

View attachment 454489

I haven’t owned a .17 in forever, so I had to dig through my pellet stash to find something to shoot. I found some 8.4g, 10.3g & 13.4g.

Out of the box 10.3g @ 880fps, 13.4g @ 775fps. The Huma regulator is doing a great job with quite a few “duplicate” readings.

It’s got a little bark, so I added a DFL FatBoy with a .17 insert to help quiet it down while keeping it as short as possible. 29” with the butt stock extended about 3/4”.

That’s sweet!

No pictures of mine yet.
I got the...non-adjustable stock, Krait (compact).

Got mine from Brian at Ed Guns West. He's got both stocks, all calibers, at least that's what he advertises.

The wood still smells fresh, like it was finished yesterday.

I'll be removing all of the factory baffles,, then...adding an outside muffler. It is a little loud. But I also don't know how fast it's shooting. Will test this evening. Lowering the power, may make the factory baffles acceptable.
Very smooth cocking, comfortable at the shoulder. The grip is also comfortable. Might be large for those with smaller hands, but I like it.

One odd thing. You HAVE to put a finger over the exit hole in the magazine. If you don't...the pellet that you just put in...will continue all the way out the other side !

Mike

Reactions: techna

View attachment 454489

i like the wood stock .

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
What's the weight?
Not much ! It's...tiny. I suppose you could look it up ?

As I posted in the other Krait Lite thread, some may miss, so here it is here too.

I just came in for a break from working on my newish, (old !) street legal, drag race car.

The trigger bar is really...odd, it's two pieces !!! I have NO idea what that's all about. Seems a lot of work for...I don't know what. But the return spring is simple to adjust. You just have to pay attention to where the first rod...stops, and the first set (grubs are worms !) screw is located in the connector sleeve. Now the first stage movement is nice. And as ALWAYS, a little oil goes a long way, and it does here too. A very nice trigger. Smooth, clean break, As Michael says, no need for further adjustment.

Haven't done the fps check yet. After I get something to eat.
Nice thing, it's a single cap screw at the bottom of the grip (or "handle" to some ?) away from the stock removal.

More to follow.
I'll post here for further info from this side of the continent.

Mike

Not much ! It's...tiny. I suppose you could look it up ?

As I posted in the other Krait Lite thread, some may miss, so here it is here too.

I just came in for a break from working on my newish, (old !) street legal, drag race car.

The trigger bar is really...odd, it's two pieces !!! I have NO idea what that's all about. Seems a lot of work for...I don't know what. But the return spring is simple to adjust. You just have to pay attention to where the first rod...stops, and the first set (grubs are worms !) screw is located in the connector sleeve. Now the first stage movement is nice. And as ALWAYS, a little oil goes a long way, and it does here too. A very nice trigger. Smooth, clean break, As Michael says, no need for further adjustment.

Haven't done the fps check yet. After I get something to eat.
Nice thing, it's a single cap screw at the bottom of the grip (or "handle" to some ?) away from the stock removal.

More to follow.
I'll post here for further info from this side of the continent.

Mike
What's up with people today? Did you take your meds Uncle Mike? I did look it up. Since the other Michael I was referring to got it from Utah Airguns, I went on to their site and this is what came up...

1000049304.jpg

Ok, did some experimenting this evening.

According to my chronograph, and the muzzle report, my Lite was shooting way faster than the dealer acclaimed 815fps. I found it to be shooting 885fps.

First I put a normal muffler on it to quiet it. While that helped, it made it too long for my taste.
So I started adjusting the pellet speed. Down, down, down. Actually, much closer to the sellers acclaimed 805fps. Ha, like I figured, much quieter. I did mess with a couple of non-factory mufflers, but ended up putting the original baffles back on, plus one, in an effort to keep the overall length short, and the sound acceptable at that speed.

Trigger adjustment, power adjustment -
If you decide to adjust your guns trigger, use care in the adjustments, go slow.
The sleeve that dictates where the return spring is adjusted, has "two" set screws.
1 - ONLY loosen the front set screw if you want to tighten or lighten the first stage pull. This will allow a small movement of the spring stop. A little goes a long way.
2 - The second set screw adjusts the first stage "free play". Move the sleeve, forward or back, in VERY small increments. Moving it too far forward may render the trigger useless ! Moving it back again will fix any problems.
3 - Adjusting the hammer spring. As with the above adjustments, a little goes a long way here. 1/4 turn is worth about 50fps in my gun.
4 - If like me, you set your guns to shoot a bit slower than all you high power guys. So that adjustment moves the hammer adjusting screw out of the back of the receiver. This in turn makes it impossible to put the stock back in place, if you attempt to do it by just sliding it straight in place.
You have to "rock" the stock in place, by putting the back of the stock in place over the receiver, then lower the front into position.
The stock has a hole in it for the hammer screw to live in, but it's just a round hole, not a slot in the stock.
5 - And as always, a little oil on the pins with rotating parts, and sliding surfaces, goes a long way toward a really nice trigger.

My first few shots with the as received 885fps, used up a lot of air. As I recall, I only put 5 or 6 shots through it the first shooting I did. The gauge needle moved about 50 bar.
BUT, after lowering it to a hair over 800fps, I put a full magazine through the gun, the needle didnt hardly move. So it looks like you high powered guys may be out of luck for a high shot count with this little gun, unless you accept a slightly slower pellet speed, or take extra air with you.

Liking it so far...
Picture tomorrow.

Mike

Last edited:
What's up with people today? Did you take your meds Uncle Mike? I did look it up. Since the other Michael I was referring to got it from Utah Airguns, I went on to their site and this is what came up...

View attachment 454664
Ok goofball -

Here's' one location for weight -

Here's another -

AND...another -

Want me to keep going ?

Mike

Ok goofball -

Here's' one location for weight -

Here's another -

AND...another -

Want me to keep going ?

Mike
Thanks Uncle Mike. The sites you linked list the weight in kilograms. Can you convert them to pounds for me? Just kidding. I can sleep now.
😉

Reactions: Dairyboy
My first few shots with the as received 885fps, used up a lot of air. As I recall, I only put 5 or 6 shots through it the first shooting I did. The gauge needle moved about 50 bar.
BUT, after lowering it to a hair over 800fps, I put a full magazine through the gun, the needle didnt hardly move. So it looks like you high powered guys may be out of luck for a high shot count with this little gun, unless you accept a slightly slower pellet speed, or take extra air with you.

That's why you need an accessable regulator. NOT possible in this gun if you want to increase power/efficiency.
This gun was designed for 12FP.