• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Vetran: A good choice

I have never commented in this forum (or any other for that matter) but I wanted to write this to help someone making a decision about a new pcp.
I bought the Vetran .25 standard as my first pcp airgun in August 2017 after 3-4 years of watching videos and reading reviews. Its a big investment for me and most people and the choices are many. Im 50 years and have made alot of buying choices in the past, alot I have regretted. This choice was one I do not regret.
This little gun gave Me what I was hoping for getting into this new hobby. Its accurate. Its powerful. And, so far, its reliable. But most important, it puts a smile on my face everytime I shoot it. Its just plain fun!

Reactions: CampFussell
"kakelson"I have never commented in this forum (or any other for that matter) but I wanted to write this to help someone making a decision about a new pcp.
I bought the Vetran .25 standard as my first pcp airgun in August 2017 after 3-4 years of watching videos and reading reviews. Its a big investment for me and most people and the choices are many. Im 50 years and have made alot of buying choices in the past, alot I have regretted. This choice was one I do not regret.
This little gun gave Me what I was hoping for getting into this new hobby. Its accurate. Its powerful. And, so far, its reliable. But most important, it puts a smile on my face everytime I shoot it. Its just plain fun!
I’m looking for the one in new year which is a small/backpacker pcp. I get stuck between Taipan Veteran Compact 22 cal and Edgun Leshiy 22 cal. 

Here are some other things I think are worth mentioning; the Vetran comes with a 20MOA scope rail. This makes it so I can use a less expensive scope to get out to 150-200 yards with a 2 and 3 mil dot holdover. No extra adjustable scope mounts needed. And with the hammer spring adjusted all the way up, I am shooting the JSB 34 grain pellets at 860-870 fps range. which allows me to hit pop cans at those 150-200 yard distances even with some wind. Then I can turn the hammer spring down, using the JSB 25 grain pellets shooting at 870-900 fps range , I get about 45 good shotsl. I use this setting to shoot in my back yard. I have a 50 yard range set up and me and my boys
shoot little dumb dumb suckers. We shoot the head first and then the stick in two shot all day long with this little gun. 
I know there are better pcps out there, but to the point of my original post. This little gun deserves a look.

"Rodeo"The Veteran and the Wildcat are the bullpups (not the only AG's) that have made it onto my wish list. The rear cocking on the Veteran is my only point of concern with that gun. The rear cocking should not be a problem while walking with it but does it become an issue while bench shooting?

Bullpups, beause of their configuration, are not the greatest for bench shooting. They are best as a woods walker/hunting guns.

"kakelson"
I know there are better pcps out there, but to the point of my original post. This little gun deserves a look.
Don't know about better guns, more expensive yes, but by far the Taipans really are the best bang for the buck. Performance on par with guns that are $500 more.

I love my Taipan Veteran Shorty .25, had a Mutant Shorty .22 that I kinda miss for being even smaller/lighter.

"airgunnerca"
"kakelson"I have never commented in this forum (or any other for that matter) but I wanted to write this to help someone making a decision about a new pcp.
I’m looking for the one in new year which is a small/backpacker pcp. I get stuck between Taipan Veteran Compact 22 cal and Edgun Leshiy 22 cal.
i have the taipan veteran 22 short and it´s a great compact rifle, i have recorded shots at 90 meters with some wind hitting...... it regulates very good.... i have mine shooting 18.1gr at 820 fps i think it is like 27fp.... 

Dunno, I'd rather bench shoot my Veteran over a long gun like the Armada I had before it with a decent Magpul CTR stock I had on it. No, it's not as comfortable as a Monte Carlo stock, but hot damn is it ever accurate. I'll trade accuracy for comfort any day. When I'm done on the bench it can quickly be placed into hunting/pesting duty even in confined quarters.

When researching my next airgun purchase two words won me over regarding the Taipan, "Technical" and "Merit". Those words were uttered and got me quite interested in them and the rest is history.

Reactions: BigTinBoat