Taipan Taipan Veterans setups

Ever since I saw the Taipan Veteran 2 tube version, I’ve been lusting after it - it’s beautiful in my eyes.

The 40mm tube holds 311cc of air at 300 bar, so you don’t have to grab the bottle versions.

I want both the 550mm and 700mm barrels, lol. I’ll switch the cocking to the left side.

-Ed

View attachment 417637

View attachment 417638

View attachment 417639
Me too. I have a .22 Mutant and a Vet 1 but would love the 550 Vet 2 with left side cocking lever. Either .22 or .25. Are the vet 2’s as quiet as the 1’s?

I don’t own a Vet 2 (yet), and I haven’t seen much feedback on AGN regarding the V2.

There might also be a significant difference in sound level between the Vet2 standard vs. the Vet2 bottle versions.

As you can see in this picture, the moderator that comes on the Vet2 bottle version is significantly longer - very significantly.

IMG_3527.jpeg

IMG_3526.jpeg

My Compact .25 is pretty plain jane, too. Mine came with a plenum extention. Here’s a couple pics, one of the gun and the other is what the gun is looking at out the window.
View attachment 417630View attachment 417631

I wonder if Taipan is going to regret dropping the Vet I. I cant excited about V2, and the price is pretty steep
I feel the same way and now regret not getting a vet long. The construction of the original vet looked more solid, especially how beefy the scope rail attahced to the barrel and the air tube. The new frame looks more SPA-like to me.

I feel the same way and now regret not getting a vet long. The construction of the original vet looked more solid, especially how beefy the scope rail attahced to the barrel and the air tube. The new frame looks more SPA-like to me.

One of the major improvements touted for the Vet2 is the free floating barrel - as that is generally regarded as the best setup for ultimate accuracy.

So, it will be interesting to see how the V2 compares to the V1 accuracy-wise…

Reactions: Raysfan
One of the major improvements touted for the Vet2 is the free floating barrel - as that is generally regarded as the best setup for ultimate accuracy.

So, it will be interesting to see how the V2 compares to the V1 accuracy-wise…
In general, free floating barrels are preferred over pressure-point assemblies in CF applications in which barrel heat and/or stock moisture can slightly change the POI. In air rifles barrel temp is not an issue, and very few are designed with barrel/stock contact due to the cylinder/bottle location. So IMO free floating barrels have no advantage in most air rifle designs.
My Vet 1 is as accurate as any of my rifles, and I will be surprised if the average accuracy of the new version is better. I think the marketing folks had a strong hand in the new design.

Here's what I got. It's my favorite out of any others I've had. Nothing fancy, but it is silent, accurate and has been reliable.
I haven't been on the website in quite a long time. So I didn't even know there was V2 now. I think the tube version looks good. As long as it works as well as this one, I'm ok with it. A compact version would be my preference 😉
IMG_E4609.JPG