Taipan Taipan Veterans setups

I'm always looking for inspiration. So on that note let's post some pictures of our Vettys. I'll start
.177 Compact
Love this little guy.
Absolutely shoots great 10.3 fx pellets at 870.
My little backyard destroyer.
Utg 4-16x44 30mm op3 scope.
Sumo moderator.
Purchased used think original stock was swapped for a Ukraine made compact stock which I prefer. They have a more hand crafted look and feel.

20231209_120001.jpg

The .20 Short ended up with the tactical/chassis stock and the .177 Standard ended up with the classic wood stock from the UK vintage Vets. My younger son is loving how much better "his" .177 Vet fits now, with the shorter LOP of the Shorty stock on there. We had a little practice session a few days ago and he was making impressive shots.

Reactions: Raysfan
As always I'm a sucker for a Veteran thread...My favorite, doubt if that will ever change. Box stock save for the fact I did polish the stock and anodizing...not even an added bipod
20231117_134536.jpg
20231117_134224.jpg
mount...hate drillin' holes in any stock. Other airguns have come close but my Vetern is still my first choice...Have an Aeon 10 X 40 X 56 scope mounted on it.....40 X with fine cross hairs that leverage that famous trigger...it can reailly put a smile on your face...even off my knee. My Taipan Veteran and FX Bobcat are both years older models that I would choose over ANY of the latest and greatest models of anything...Yep I'm a Veteran fan boy...won me over by its preformamce.
NOTE TO NEWBE's...Taipan Veteran air rifles have my highest recommendation....

Somebody got a pretty sweet deal on a .177 Red lam Vet this morning on the classifieds.

I wasn't the seller or the buyer but noticed that somebody snatched it up quick. I think it was $950. Considering the going rate for much more problematic platforms than the Vet, it has always blown me away that Vets sell for so much less than many other airguns, and that's used or new. As solidly built as any airgun, yet the prices have always been much lower than that 2k mark that so many airguns find themselves at these days.

Taipan Veteran = Value.

I'm always looking for inspiration. So on that note let's post some pictures of our Vettys. I'll start
.177 Compact
Love this little guy.
Absolutely shoots great 10.3 fx pellets at 870.
My little backyard destroyer.
Utg 4-16x44 30mm op3 scope.
Sumo moderator.
Purchased used think original stock was swapped for a Ukraine made compact stock which I prefer. They have a more hand crafted look and feel.

View attachment 414290
Vetty...really ?

Mike

Nice collection of Vets we have going here.
Mines a little bit more plane Jane

View attachment 416111
My Compact .25 is pretty plain jane, too. Mine came with a plenum extention. Here’s a couple pics, one of the gun and the other is what the gun is looking at out the window.
IMG_9450.jpeg
IMG_9451.jpeg

I wonder if Taipan is going to regret dropping the Vet I. I cant excited about V2, and the price is pretty steep

Is it just me or is anyone else surprised we’re not seeing many Veteran 2’s?
I have to agree. I think there are a few reasons for this. We got one thing everyone wanted - the forward cocking - and a bunch if things no one ever asked for:
  • Removed anti-double feed.
  • Added a super ugly bottle.
  • Made the gun too long.
  • Got rid of the Compact version.
  • Made the gun overall pretty close to the fugliest airgun out there.
I would buy a used Vet 1 in a heartbeat. Not feeling a draw to the Vet 2.

I have to agree. I think there are a few reasons for this. We got one thing everyone wanted - the forward cocking - and a bunch if things no one ever asked for:
  • Removed anti-double feed.
  • Added a super ugly bottle.
  • Made the gun too long.
  • Got rid of the Compact version.
  • Made the gun overall pretty close to the fugliest airgun out there.
I would buy a used Vet 1 in a heartbeat. Not feeling a draw to the Vet 2.

I agree as well.
And then for the Vet II they announced the one piece stock (versus the prior two piece) that looks like they took a table saw to a Vet 1 stock and cut off the forearm area.

I think the one piece stock for the Vet II looks better than the two piece, it just seems to end rather abruptly.

(Talking about the Vet II bottle version here)

Last edited:
I agree as well.
And then for the Vet II they announced the one piece stock (versus the prior two piece) that looks like they took a table saw to a Vet 1 stock and cut off the forearm area.

I think the one piece stock for the Vet II looks better than the two piece, it just seems to end rather abruptly.

Ever since I saw the Taipan Veteran 2 tube version, I’ve been lusting after it - it’s beautiful in my eyes.

The 40mm tube holds 311cc of air at 300 bar, so you don’t have to grab the bottle versions.

I want both the 550mm and 700mm barrels, lol. I’ll switch the cocking to the left side.

-Ed

IMG_3521.jpeg

IMG_3523.jpeg

IMG_3522.jpeg