Tuning Taipan Veteran Trigger Adjustment Picture

Wow that trigger mechanism is as close to a Rube Goldberg contraption as it can be!

Not really. It capitalizes on the proven use of multiple levers to achieve a reliable, safe, yet very light release weight. As Scott mentioned, it does not use multiple sears to create a true and separate first stage, allowing the second stage sear to have a very deep overlap that moves into position for release only with the first stage movement. That said, it still produces a very reliable, repeatable, and light release weight. As with any single stage trigger, one has to be prudent in adjusting the sear engagement, because it moves into release position with the cocking of the rifle.

I just wished it was an actual dual stage trigger. I believe I've seen a video or a comment a few years back that the trigger can be set too light that a bump on the buttstock will set it off. I don't have it that light (at least I don't think I do as set the trigger for hunting by feel and never measured the weight of it) but I still never feel comfortable leaving it cocked without the rifle pointing downrange. Luckily, with the anti double load mechanism, it's not a big deal.

I just wished it was an actual dual stage trigger. I believe I've seen a video or a comment a few years back that the trigger can be set too light that a bump on the buttstock will set it off. I don't have it that light (at least I don't think I do as set the trigger for hunting by feel and never measured the weight of it) but I still never feel comfortable leaving it cocked without the rifle pointing downrange. Luckily, with the anti double load mechanism, it's not a big deal.
Any trigger can be set so light to be unsafe. But I can honestly say that I've never had a single stage trigger accidentally discharge due to a bad adjustment. Still, I never trust a safety when moving around, as in a hunting situation. As you mentioned, the Veteran has a great anti-double load design which allows decocking without the risk of double loading, the beauty of a magazine that is not spring loaded.

Reactions: MushroomPsyche