Taipan Veteran Tactical stock availability?

Is anyone else looking forward to the Tactical stocks for the Taipan Veteran? Anyone know when it might be available or about how much it would cost? I love my Taipan Veteran but I just can't get used to how the laminate stock looks. I just don't like the way it looks. I typically like wood stocks on guns but in this case, I think the Veteran Tactical stock looks better. The new stocks also looks to be a bit lighter than the laminate stocks.

The first photo was posted by Taipan on Facebook on November 2020. The caption states that the first prototypes are just about ready. The second photo was also posted on Facebook on December 2020 but it was posted by VALK design tech which I assume is the company making the stocks for Taipan. The caption for that photo says that it's the final version of the tactical stock for the Veterans.

125522970_1318696645133350_7319170539312124799_n.1609725483.jpg

131929431_228386555467392_6834121051391788926_o.1609725495.jpg

I'm glad manufacturers are offering more options! 👍🏼👍🏼

Wish some more would go that route! 😊

I did wonder a little bit looking at the pics and the description....:

TACTICAL stock ➔ OK, after Taipan having made only stocks from pure wood/ wood laminate, that's a great option for those of us who do not like the looks of wooden stocks. Or who like to be relieved of the worry to ding the wood when hunting in the woods.... 👍🏼

TACTICAL with WOODEN grip and WOODEN cheek piece.... ➔ The logic of that design decision has escaped me so far. Could they not make the committment to 100% synthetic? 🤔 Just wondering out loud! 😄

In any case: More options is better. Keep it up! 👍🏼😊

Matthias

TACTICAL stock ➔ OK, after Taipan having made only stocks from pure wood/ wood laminate, that's a great option for those of us who do not like the looks of wooden stocks. Or who like to be relieved of the worry to ding the wood when hunting in the woods.... 👍🏼

TACTICAL with WOODEN grip and WOODEN cheek piece.... ➔ The logic of that design decision has escaped me so far. Could they not make the committment to 100% synthetic? 🤔 Just wondering out loud! 😄

It's a weird design choice but something I'm not too worried about. Hopefully the grip is easily removable and replaceable with more options later on. 

I just want to update this thread. I lost interest in the hobby for a bit but now getting back into it again. I recently read some comments that the Tactical Stocks for the Veteran 1 are no longer in production. I don't know if that's true or not but since I've always liked the look of this stock so I decided to buy it now before it sells out and I regret it later on. The price for the stock is quite expensive but I did looked at other guns that I might be interested in more so I could put the money towards that purchase instead of spending even more money on the Veteran 1. After a few days of looking around though, I did not find any airguns currently available that I'd rather have than my Veteran 1 so I decided to pull the trigger on the tactical stock. I briefly considered the Alpha Wolf but for that price, I'd probably have to sell my Taipan which I believe would be silly considering how reliable and accurate the gun has been in the almost 4 years I've owned it.

I received the stock last week and I really love the way it looks. It's almost exactly a pound heavier than the original laminate stock but I rarely shoot freehand so the difference is negligible for me.

I love the Taipan Veteran ever since I got it but I was never completely happy with how the laminate stock looked. It grew on me a little bit as time went on but I was never really satisfied with it. Now, I think the gun looks perfect! 🥳🥳🥳

20240318_104745.jpg

I just want to update this thread. I lost interest in the hobby for a bit but now getting back into it again. I recently read some comments that the Tactical Stocks for the Veteran 1 are no longer in production. I don't know if that's true or not but since I've always liked the look of this stock so I decided to buy it now before it sells out and I regret it later on. The price for the stock is quite expensive but I did looked at other guns that I might be interested in more so I could put the money towards that purchase instead of spending even more money on the Veteran 1. After a few days of looking around though, I did not find any airguns currently available that I'd rather have than my Veteran 1 so I decided to pull the trigger on the tactical stock. I briefly considered the Alpha Wolf but for that price, I'd probably have to sell my Taipan which I believe would be silly considering how reliable and accurate the gun has been in the almost 4 years I've owned it.

I received the stock last week and I really love the way it looks. It's almost exactly a pound heavier than the original laminate stock but I rarely shoot freehand so the difference is negligible for me.

I love the Taipan Veteran ever since I got it but I was never completely happy with how the laminate stock looked. It grew on me a little bit as time went on but I was never really satisfied with it. Now, I think the gun looks perfect! 🥳🥳🥳

View attachment 446582
That's a beauty! I really regret not getting one of these. I'm bummed they stop making the veteran's, as I don't like the design of the Vet II as much.

Reactions: MushroomPsyche