Taipan Veteran Standard .25 vs FX Wildcat MK2/Compact and other bullpups

What about this brand "Deben" and AirForceOne Panther pellets ? I've seen them for the first time, and I've never even heard them.

I shoot with JSB and H&N only, but I also want to try something else but with good quality. Of course without the Turkish brands and Gamo.. I certainly want to try maybe next year - Crosman who is not there in Bulgaria... 

Look at a Vulcan as well. I have a gen 3 in .25. Love the thing. Extremely accurate. I take pigeons and even sparrows at 127 yards. And yes, I did say sparrows.
I will say that I have another EDgun on my next to buy list. I was very impressed with my Leshiy. Small package with great power to get those shots out there. Also being able to have one gun and different barrels for it is a plus. Not to mention that the build quality is top notch.

1. What do you think of CZ barrel and LW barrel? Do you think like some people that .22 caliber and CZ barrel is better than .25 caliber with LW barrel?

I ask because some colleagues recommend me .22 rather than .25 just because of the barrel?

2. I want besides pellets to try slugs like Nielsen or Rats Sniper? Have you tried your rifle? Also, will it influence whether the barrel is CZ or LW?

3. Since I'm going to use a FX Turbo pump 4 stage but I do not know if Hill Mk4 is a better option ... how do you think?

Greetings. 

Ok! I'll wait for someone who has a look at the two barrels as well as a pump.

I know that the compressor is better but I do not have a place for one and I hope soon to have a quality portable compressor that I can plug into my car where the summer will be.

I liked the FX Turbo pump, but at least in the US forums everyone is using Hill Mk4 and that's why I wonder ... Even more so that both pumps are expensive for me.

I like that the FX pump is 4 Stage but it bothers me to have a built-in filter that is not replaced and serviced ...

About slugs ... The main reason to quit FX is because of the capricious and mainly for pellet barrels. Of course there are other reasons but I wanted my future (first PCP) rifle to shoot with everything.

Naturally, slugs will not be the main ammunition for me and I will use JSB and H&N.

Greetings. 

Thank you for your understanding of my language. I actually understand English almost 100%, but I use a Google translator because I can not write correctly. Of course, I need to fix a Google translator because he is wrong too :) Let me not tell you how he translates to Bulgarian ... almost nothing is understood :)

This translator may help since it will back translate and compare. http://imtranslator.net/compare/bulgarian/to-english/translation/

Hi friends again,
I am already on the final line and ask for the last (I promise!) For advice:

I have the following three options in front of me because only from Balistas (Czech Republic) can I take Taipan without a customs charge (+ $415 :mad: ):

1. Taipan Veteran Long 6,35mm Laminate
https://www.balistas.com/air-rifles/taipan-air-rifles/taipan-veteran-standart-635mm-laminate/
High is the price: 1 329.4 € + 16 € transport and honestly (not that the others are cheap ...) but they also wrote to me that for the moment they will not load / sell another option at 6.35 / .25 ...

Also, it seems to me pretty heavy for a bullpup - 3.9 kilograms + Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 MIL = 839.15 grams = 10.45 pounds :eek: ... I find it too heavy for me to shoot in a straight line and walk long in the mountain ... :(

2. Taipan Veteran Standard 5.5mm
https://www.balistas.com/air-rifles/taipan-air-rifles/taipan-veteran-55mm/
The price is: 1 251.0 € + 16 € transport which is acceptable as an amount ... The difference is not big compared to this price in .25 but for the difference I can buy another need ...

The weight is: 3.2 kilograms + 839.15 grams optics = 8.91 pounds which is different from 10.45 => 1.54 pounds ...

The bad thing for me is that I wanted the rifle to be in .25 caliber but what I can buy is very heavy in my opinion and expensive as a price because of the laminate. I wanted Standard but will not sell ...

Another brand as a possible purchase option...
3. Calibrgun Cricket Mini Carabine 5.5mm
https://www.balistas.com/air-rifles/kalibrgun-air-rifles/kalibrgun-cricket-mini-carabine-55mm/

Price: 1 274.1 € + 16 € transport which is also acceptable as an amount ...
Weight is: 3.24 kilograms of rifle + 839.15 grams optics = 8.99 pounds which is different from 10.45 => 1.46 pounds ...

I know the brand is known as very good but I do not know anything about this model, .22 only ... but as a size and price comes into my budget.

Taipan likes like reviews and data but I hope a lot of advice?

Thanks in advance!

Hello colleagues, I've studied the KalibrGun Mini Carabine .22... I like it very much, but I understand that .22 (.25 is not available) is quite weak - 40 - 42 joules.

I looked at KalibrGun bullpups, not bad, but they are expensive for me ...

I also looked at Artemis P15 and Vulcan, but I do not like ...

So I go back to my original choice - Taipan :)

But I have to solve this unpleasant dilemma for me - Heavy and expensive as a price Taipan Veteran Long laminate .25 or the cheap and light Taipan Veteran Standard .22 ...

My choice is difficult as I already wrote because the desired Taipan Veteran Standard 25 will not be sold :(

Is there anyone who can tell me if there is a Taipan Veteran Long .25?

If the power of the .25 is what you want, but can’t find a Taipan for sale in your part of the world, I would look at the Cricket in .25 and add a Plenum for more power. I have one and it shoots the .25 33grs at 920fps for 62 fpe.

Personally, the .22 Mini Carbine tickles all my bones. I don’t really NEED any more power than that, and it’s very accurate and ergonomic.