Taipan Veteran Standard .25 vs FX Wildcat MK2/Compact and other bullpups

Hello brothers in arms

For over half a year now, I have been interested in PCP rifles as I currently have the Hatsan 125 TX Vortex .22.

At first I was only interested in "carabin" rifles for target shooting and plinking but after a lot of shooting with my low quality Turkish gas piston rifle which weighed 12.13 pounds with optics and long 4.04 feet I decided I wanted quality, mobile, light and short rifle!

I basically like "carabin" rifles because they look like real firearms and a bullpup I never liked in appearance but ... I'm actually targeting them because they meet what I want. Besides, I'm comparatively low in height, thick and short-handed which means that a bullpup will fit me anatomically pure.

Until now, I was shooting down on the ground and I should get up every time the gun was loaded, which is a whole adventure in the heat ...

I chose .25 caliber to allow me to shoot for a long distance - for me 50-100 yards (100 +), the pellet to be influenced by little by the wind and to keep its energy longer. Larger caliber is not for me - a little shots and expensive pellets. I've solved the caliber 100% and I do not think I can change my choice.

I want to try and go hunting for rabbits, pheasants and other birds, and maybe something big but just for food! I do not like killing animals for no reason. This is forbidden in Bulgaria but ... that's why I want a mobile, light, short, quality and powerful rifle.

In the beginning I was stopped at FX Streamline .25 but once I decided to be bullpup switched to FX Wildcat MK2 / Compact .25 but given how demanding to brand of pellets, the pellets speed and other factors, adding that should separate to buy X barrel ... that irritated me a lot and I decided to change the rifle brand!

I looked at what variations I had and compared Cricket, Vulcan, SPA and other bullpups but also a very important factor is the PRICE of the rifle - I do not have much money for this hobby and for example Cricket has dropped though I really liked it ...

So I finally reached the Taipan Veteran Standard .25. It's price is also well above my options but yet it's a bit cheaper.

I ask you for advice about my choice and what else do you think? I also ask you to interpret my question not as to which one to choose, but rather whether Taipan has the quality of materials and workmanship, accuracy in shooting and power required for me ?!

I apologize for bad English but I am a Bulgarian.
Thanks in advance!

I know it's not on your list... but you should checkout the EDgun Lelya 2.0 (walnut and laminate options). It's tiny and like all EDgun's accurate and durable. There are no paid shooters promoting it, hence why it flies under the radar. It shoots H&N Grizzly's out of the box if you want slugs, and both JSB Kings and MK2's are great as well.

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/p85/EDgun_Lelya_2.0.html

P.S don't ever apologize for speaking a 2nd language poorly... anyone who says something about it isn't worth talking to anyways ;)

Cheers,

Tim

Grettings from Georgia (USA) The Taipan in .25 is a fine choice, it has a safety, anti double loading feature, one of the best triggers in the industry, and it's very accurate. 

Does Bulgaria have a power restriction? UK and other places only allow 12fpe. If full power is allowed, look into a power tunned Cricket. It will have enough accuracy and power to take down quarry at those distances with superv accuracy. Probably worth saving a bit for it if you can. 

And, yes, never appologize for speaking a second language, although it is nice to know that it's not your native language. I speak Spanish, English, and trying to learn Russian, you don't want to hear my Russian trust me. 

Cheers

I just got a taipan ,22 last week , I have and do own FX , Air Arms , Ed gun,Kaliber , and Hatsan and others , by far the Taipan trigger is the best . and this gun is built well better then most I have owned , my only draw back is , some of the others are over 1 pound lighter , and lastly , I had to put a moderator on my .22 , I do not know if the .25 calibers are quieter but the trigger is a work of art , , So if you don't mind the weight and it is a bit noisy the trigger and build quality and accuracy are great , compared to rest it is under priced

I looked at Edgun Lelya 2.0 now ($ 1680.00 at https: //www.edgunwest.com/store/p85/EDgun_Lelya_2.0.html # ... Out of stock ...) but I think Taipan likes more ... Nothing bad I have to Edgun or FX or any one brand of course! But the PRICE sets unfortunately ....

In principle, I can collect more money but I have to buy:

@ Optics - Athlon Argos 6-24x50 FFP I've chosen with Joe's help. Thank you Joe W Rhea!;

@ Optics montage - I'm wondering about the optics montage I'm going to buy what I liked before - FX No limit (Thank you Tominco!) or now that the rifle bar is 20 MOA I have to choose other?;

@ Pump / compressor - Here I want instead of a pump (FX Turbo pump 4 stage) to buy a portable compressor ( some information about one ?) that can be plugged into the car and hold it there because at home there is no room?;

@ Other accessories and consumables such as: pellets, o - rings, etc ...

...so in the end with all the things I have to buy the amount becomes too big to me and therefore Cricket will drop as I wrote before :(

Regarding the purchase of the elements of my setup:
1. It may sound strange to you, but in Bulgaria it is impossible in practice to buy air weapons from Russia and the former Soviet republics ... although 20 years ago we were "one" ...

2. From America is also a problem because of the customs fees that are very large ... For example, I can say at once that Taipan found it first at TalonTunes as the price is not very high and the transport is 90 dollars BUT the customs fees will be 415 dollars in Bulgaria ?! This is almost one third of the price of the shotgun ... That's because of the dumb EU :(

3. Optics I can buy only from eBay because from where I find it do not deliver to Bulgaria :(

Thank you for your understanding of my language. I actually understand English almost 100%, but I use a Google translator because I can not write correctly. Of course, I need to fix a Google translator because he is wrong too :) Let me not tell you how he translates to Bulgarian ... almost nothing is understood :)

Yes, in Bulgaria most people of my age and the bigger ones than me understand Russian because "in time" we taught him along with the Bulgarian so I know how difficult it is :)

Greetings.

Thanks, however, as written on the site of TalonTunes: "Scope mount: 20 MOA Picatinny" and those of BKL are for "Dovetail" only.

By the advice of a friend I have stopped on "Leapers UTG Twist Lock 30mm Scope Weaver / Picatinny Mounts - Medium - RG2W3154" or "Leapers UTG QD Lever Lock Weaver Picatinny 30mm Medium Scope Mounts RQ2W3154" as of course i am inclined to change them if someone thinks they are not good or are they offered to me better?

Thanks in advance!

Colleagues, what mounts would you recommend for installing the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP optics at the Taipan Veteran Standard 25?

Also, who colleague here at the forum was doing and selling a pellet magazine stand that was placed on the rifle?

Greetings.

Go to the TAG forum, TalonAirguns.com and search for Bizill. He is the one making the mag holders