Taipan Veteran Standard 25 vs Brocock 25?

Never bought any Brocock brand guns yet but have owned several Taipan Mutants and a Veteran that would instill confidence even for novice shooters for 100 yard shots and well beyond that range using the magazines which seem reliable and well built. The long distance accuracy with the Taipans are ridiculous IMO and they didn't seem pellet fussy at all either. I would put them up against the best for long distance shooting and regardless of the cheaper than average price range I would guess they should be priced higher like the Crickets and Edguns. The triggers are very good too.

You should expect MOA average at 100 using the magazines with a 25 Veteran with JSBs and Polymags and will predict good long term reliability.

I considered trying a Brocock Sniper but didn't want to risk not being able to use the magazine for long distance accuracy and prefer accurate multi shots with nice triggers and feel that they are priced a bit higher than they should be for what you get. IMO It is like an entry level gun all duked up to the max sort of like buying a $16,000 entry level economy car with another $15,000 in factory upgraded options added to it

that still has some quirks.

Another consideration would be a Wildcat due to its superior trigger but would wait until they get their bugs sorted out first. I own a Wildcat and really like the feel of the trigger and accuracy using the magazines but I constantly worry about durability and longevity issues and fear that one day when I want to grab it and go shoot, its out of air or the regulator fails and because of that, I don't want to shoot it much. Keep it "Low Mileage" if you know what I mean.

CA

Just tossing this out there but sniper did win extreme bench rest 100 yard. It was surrounded by a sea of impacts and redwolves. There were also many previous champion shooters present. I definatly would not say that the brocock is a econo model fitted with factory upgrades. It's more of a affordable version of a Italian exotic. Rather than paying for the name of a Lamborghini huracan you can get a audi R8 for cheaper with similar performance. It has a lot of technology pulled directly from daystate arsenal. A lot of the complaints about the sniper are mainly due to tight engineering tolerances on a new gun. Let it break in and you will love it. While I've never shot a Taipan before, I can however speak for how tunable the sniper is. You can tweak all day to you hearts content. Everything is adjustable and easily accessible.

OK the Sniper did win Extreme Benchrest but was it using the magazine or was it single loaded?

You have GOT TO shoot a 25 Veteran shorty at 100 yards. They don't need to be tuned or tweaked and shoot perfect right out of the box. It is the ONLY gun I forgot to clean the barrel straight out of the box and got sub MOA at 100 yards that didn't require any break in period whatsoever.

CA

Most competition states that the gun must be a single shot not sure about extreme bench rest though. Either was it's simple facts here one has proven competition pedigree the other doesn't. The Bantam is also very very accurate out of the box, but it also allows you to tune it exactly for your needs. If you want to reach out and take out midsized game at longer ranger to Bantam can be tuned for that. If you just want to plink in your backyard and want Hundreds of shot but don't need power the Bantam can do that. 

My understanding is that Claudio's Bantam Sniper was fitted (aftermarket) with a Red Wolf barrel (LW polygonal), and had an enlarged port for more power. I think it was quite customized to bring it to the level that it performed at for 100 yd EBR - not a box-stock Bantam Sniper.

That said, I think the Bantam Sniper is a wonderful rifle. As mine approaches 2000 rounds, it's settling in nicely. I have found, however, that it shoots best (for me with 18.13 gr and 15.89 gr JSB pellets) when tuned to a specific power level (for .22 caliber at 150 bar setting on the Huma regulator and with the hammer tension screw at about .053" depth ). Yes, you can tune it way down or somewhat higher than that level, but don't expect the accuracy at all of those levels to be quite as good as at a particular level. I think the Huma regulator for .22 cal. works best when given at least 145-150 bar pressure. In my experience, the Bantam Sniper (probably true for most adjustable power rifles) is best when set at a certain tuning (for a given pellet weight) and then left at that. The Sniper is easy to tune!

I have no experience with the taipan, so will have to leave comments on those to other people.

I actually have a FX wildcat , Edgun , cricket and a Taipan veteran , I think for money Taipan is well worth the money ,I think it is a better gun then some I have that cost $500 more , I do not have alot of shots threw my taipan yet , I can say I have many threw my Edguns and FX ,and FX always seems to need attention it is just the way it is , where as I have over 20,000 threw a Ed gun and not even a breech seal issue yet , so I guess it boils down to if you can tinker and like to tune and what is best , I am blessed to have many and I think each one has its place for me , I would also like to add I shoot a very lot and I have shot a few Bantams and I think they are a good mid range priced gun , But the one which won EBR was not a off the self gun , You can upgrade any gun . I have to say I have not modded or tuned my Taipan as it shot so well since I got it a few months back . All I did was clean it set HST and the trigger to where I like it and put on a tatsu on it . I just put a nite scope on it today here is a pic of it

I think all have good and bad points , here is my opinion owning all of them and shooting all models.

TAIPAN ,Has best trigger of any pcp gun I own , it has deep Magazines can shoot any slug , it is extremely accurate. food shot count , only con is , it has a biy of bark to it so I put on a Tatsu and its fine now .

Edgun , Simple Robust , Accurate , I have over 20,000 threw one Ed gun and didn't even replace a breech seal yet . only con is trigger not as good as some , but it is most reliable gun I own

FX Wildcat MK1 Wildcat , best cocking lever on market , Very light and easy to carry ,Cons , I had regulator , Valve fail , and a bad barrel ,and many o rings go , so many I stock them , but as for speed and a great light woods gun it is fine if you can tinker .

Bantam , I think they a good mid priced gun , I think the won which won EBR was extremely tuned which can be done with any platform , Do not expect his results unless it is tuned and you put 10s of thousands of pellets down range

Kaliber cricket ,great accuracy , quiet good trigger , cons heavy poorest clip design I ever saw ..

1540696852_11316742235bd52b1403e771.51006939_night vision.jpg

Extremely thanking everyone who has responded!

Now essentially ...

As some people already know because of my posts here and in other forums I have already stopped at Taipan Veteran. I made this choice for the following reasons (I know I repeat many times but ...):
1. Edgun and Cricket I like but they are too expensive ... not that Taipan is not for me but every dollar is important given that this is my first (and most probably last) PCP and besides a rifle I have to buy optics, pump and everything else at once ...
2. FX are too "capricious and concrete" in every aspect...and I do not want to go into details.
3. There are other bullpup options besides Taipan but some are too weak others are too "exotic"... and thirdly completely impossible to deliver to Bulgaria (not that Taipan is easy to delivery to Bulgaria - only from Balistas.com without Murder customs tax here in Bulgaria :mad:
4. and Taipan - very good reviews in every aspect. Although for me and Bulgaria Taipan is exotic, to me personally ONLY the reviews of people are important! Not the videos on YouTube and what they write in the big arms sellers!

What I was asking is to strengthen my choice in the light of the different options available on the air arms market at the moment.

In front of me are the variants of Taipan - Short, Standard and Long. I personally wanted Standard considering:
1. Short and light than Long;
2. Long barrel and bigger tank volume - more power and more shots than Short.

Balistas.com currently has Short and Long in 25 caliber ... I'm low - 169 centimeters (~ 5.54 feet) with short hands and although I'm big, bullpup will be the best. So I decided to choose a bullpup in front of a classic rifle (I have the Hatsan 125 TH Vortex 22 and it's long and heavy with the optics - it's uncomfortable not to say I can not shoot right!).

In this connection maybe Short version will be a good choice from the available as I bother about the small number of shots and somewhat little opportunity for more power!?
Plus, because I'm going to use a pump, it will easily fill the rifle with a smaller tank volume, BUT will I lose many of the possible number of regulated shots ?! and how will it affect the short barrel when firing in small (or medium) game 100+ yards?

Greetings.

1540845569_11184136915bd770010d8e38.58805021_AA37A4C2-3C92-446E-9A2C-296EBDA8A699.jpeg
1540845569_17170152145bd77001a8d1c6.50102254_AEC43411-AB94-43AE-935C-9A5E15B2A3C3.jpeg
1540845570_15597313305bd77002a064a7.88267067_F921ADB5-55D8-4BD5-87F3-171B8665FA5D.jpeg
1540845571_14543651075bd77003a666a4.47681563_289440E2-68AF-4B69-B241-2A98982A0894.jpeg
@svilen not sure what your power requirements are, but my .25 shorty with hammer spring adjusted to the max shoots 48 fpe. As far as shot count on reg is concerned I get around four mags and am using a hand pump to fill it. It is the most accurate rifle I’ve owned. If i had the skill set and I have it on a bench it will definitely shoot MOA at 100 yards. I can’t imagine you wouldn’t be happy no matter which Taipan you buy.
1540845509_1691887405bd76fc5dd4512.32232770_A7DB05AE-4A28-4205-99B6-0FB4313B5DA3.jpeg