Taipan Veteran Standard .22

Got it in tonight at 7:30pm. So far here's the list of things done.

ARCA rail installed

Scope optically centered

Scope mounted vertically to bore

Scope then leveled and bubble level attached

Ran 20 pellets through it before it got too dark. Shot great with AA 16gr and pretty darn good with CPHPs came shooting 18gr at 890fps

Still need to get it perfectly zeroed at 50yds. Then find out the adjustment needed on hammer spring for my lower power tune in the 12-15fpe range. 

Fits perfect in my Savior Equipment bag with all goodies I can need with it for shooting like pellets, range finder, mags, mini tripod and rear bag. If I need my big tripod just grab it's bag and good to go shoot basically anywhere I could.

IMG_20210602_215658560.1622698663.jpg
IMG_20210602_204746412.1622698664.jpg
IMG_20210602_204719168.1622698665.jpg
IMG_20210602_204711285.1622698665.jpg

I have been totally pleased with my .22 Standard, great rifle. Is that an Athlon Midas TAC scope? If so, it's also one of my favorites.

Are you planning on tuning the rifle for the 12 fpe power level? I expect the reg set point would be more efficient at a lower setting, but if only for occasional use, maybe not worth the trouble. I've never adjusted mine down that low, so I don't know how well the hammer, spring, and reg setting will accommodate the low power setting. Please post your results, it will be good information. 

Thanks guys! It really is nice to get one of these back in my hands. I originally wanted a Shorty but trying to get one of those is next to impossible. I then figured the standard would still work as it was an inch shorter than my bag I had already and would balance on my tripod better than the shorty. More efficient and more shots doesn't hurt either. Also able to get one of the Coffee Laminate stocks which the Shorty's only came in beech. Love the look of this stock. 

The scope is my Athlon Ares ETR UHD 3-18x50. I do have a 4-16x44 Midas Tac which is a great scope but this one is even better! It's no lightweight though.

I got it from Tony at Talon Tunes. He had .22 Standards and .25 Shorty's in stock at the time. I had originally ordered a Shorty from UA but after 5-6 weeks of waiting and there coming keep getting pushed back I gave up on it. I had no other PCPs anymore and didn't want to wait anymore. I think it was better in the end to get the standard over a shorty. I've had a long in the past and while an amazing shooter it was just too long for my needs. Really was only around 4" shorter than my EVOL so I would have just kept the EVOL. I saved alittle over 9" with the standard which is a good bit for shooting out the truck which was my main want.

Congrats Dillon - 

It's so nice the Taipans Vets are still revered and their ~5 year old tech is still holding it's own.

Agreed. If they released a Veteran 2 with forward cocking and a 300 bar fill, they'd have no faults.

You are the only person on the planet that wants a 300 bar fill and one of several that wants to change something that actually WORKS, congratulations.